How We Rate and Review the Top 10 Best Japan Online Casino Sites
Our team of expert reviewers work hard to come up with our top 10 list of best casinos online for Japan in 2023. Only the sites that rank well in our specified areas make it onto our Top 10 lists. Below is an overview of some of the elements our review team look at when evaluating the best online casinos sites for Japan in 2023.
- Safety and Security: Our reviewers make sure that every site featured on our top ten lists has a trustworthy operator and is licensed and regulated by a reputable authority. Safety is paramount and SSL encryption should be used to protect all player data.
- Secure Deposits and Withdrawals: Japanese online casino players should be able to deposit and withdraw in Yen with ease and our reviewers check the payment methods offered and look for the best options including e-wallets and cryptocurrency as well as mobile payment methods.
- Excellent Choice of Games to Play: Our reviews include a look at the online casino games offered to Japanese players. This includes slots similar to pachinko, baccarat, sic bo, Dragon Tiger, roulette, and even Japanese Mah-jong. Live dealer games are also available at some of the ten best online casinos in Japan.
- Best Welcome Bonus: We review the welcome bonus offered to ensure it is not only generous but fair. Our reviewers are always on the lookout for the best bonuses including no deposit codes, free spins coupons, and huge match bonuses for new players.
- Excellent Customer Service: Customer service is important and our top 10 best online casinos for Japan all have helpful and courteous support teams as well as offering help in Japanese. Our reviewers check for 24/7 support via live chat and email.
- Desktop, Tablet & Mobile Casino Compatibility: Our reviewers check the compatibility of all gambling sites to ensure that they can be used on all devices including a mobile website. Some of the best sites in our top 10 lists offer free mobile apps too.
- Top-Quality Software: The software a site uses is important as this tells you the games and overall security you can expect. The best software providers have won numerous awards and offer the best games. They also release new titles on a regular basis.
- Reputable Licenses: There are no local Japanese online casinos and this means players have to choose offshore sites. Our review team only feature and recommend sites that are licensed and regulated by reputable authorities such as the MGA and Curacao gaming authority.
- Player Rewards: Regular players should be rewarded for their loyalty and our reviewers look at the Loyalty programs and VIP clubs at the ten best online casinos for Japan to ensure players get the best perks and benefits including no deposit codes, free spins, cashback, and generous reload bonuses.
- Large Jackpot Prizes: When you play for real money you want the opportunity to win big and our reviewers look at the size of the jackpots on offer. This includes life-changing progressive jackpots as well as smaller ones. We check how often they are won.
Land-Based Gambling In Japan
There are no physical casinos in Japan, but you will find thousands of gambling halls with real money games and prizes. Over the years there have been numerous debates in the country about gambling and in December 2016, the Japanese National Diet (Japan's bicameral legislature) passed the Bill Promoting Implementation of Specified Integrated Resort Areas. The aim of this bill was to legalize casinos which are banned by the country's gambling laws. The laws can be confusing to non-natives because of the massive pachinko industry, but gambling is illegal. Pachinko is a Japanese pinball game and there are around 13,000 pachinko parlours in Japan. As gambling is illegal, players often accept tokens as prizes and these are then exchanged for cash via unofficial establishments. At the start of 2020, the Casino Administration Committee was formed and it is tasked with licensing the upcoming land-based casinos in Tokyo, Osaka, and Yokohama. The Committee is part of the Cabinet Office and it is not known as yet if the Committee will oversee the licensing of Japanese online casinos in the future.
Top Choices for Japan
- Sign-Up Offer 100% Bonus, Up to $1000
- Sign-Up Offer 400% Bonus, Up to $800
Player Feedback and Testimonials
Player feedback is important to us here at Top 10 Casinos and we value all our readers. We aim to be the #1 review and comparison site and we do this by ensuring that our readers gain valuable, up-to-date knowledge from our reviews and free game guides. Our reviews are honest and look at all aspects of online gambling including the legal component. We receive testimonials from all over Japan including Chubu, Kanto, Tohoku, Nagoya, and Hokkaido. Below are the latest testimonials we've received from players looking for the best Japanese online casinos in 2023.
Best Real-Money Casinos Online For Japan
Hitting the jackpot is one everyone's mind when they play for real money and the best real money online casinos for Japan in 2023 can be found in our top 10 lists. These sites offer the best bonuses and promotions as well as all the most popular real money games including the latest and best slots, table games like blackjack, roulette, and poker, video poker, craps, and much more. Our top 10 best no deposit bonuses for 2023 are the best way to try them out and you can keep winnings up to a fixed amount too. Real money sites often offer loyalty programs and VIP clubs so regular players are rewarded all the time. If you plan to play for real money in 2023, our reviewed top ten online casino sites in Japan is the best place to start.
Play the best Japan online casino games for real money with no deposit and keep your winnings with our exclusive top 10 JPY no deposit bonus codes for 2023.
- Featured OfferTop Real Money Offer 100% Match Bonus Get Up To $480 Free on your 1st Deposit
More About The Top 10 Featured Casino
Established in 2002, Zodiac Casino is a superb choice for Japanese players. It is licensed and regulated by Kahnawake and fair gaming is guaranteed by GLI. Zodiac Casino is powered by world-leading provider Microgaming. You'll find all the latest and best slots and table games including progressive jackpots and the payout percentage is %. Customer support is available 24/7 along with fast withdrawals. New players who sign up for a real money account can claim a welcome bonus worth $480. Regular players can enjoy free spins, reloads, and cashback. Read our Top 10 review to find out more.
Japan Gambling Laws & Regulations
Online gambling in Japan is a grey area and the laws ban most forms of physical gambling in Japan. The Japanese Criminal Code doesn't mention online gambling though and it mostly goes unchallenged by the government. Certain types of gambling are allowed and this includes sports betting on horse racing, powerboat racing, cycling, and motorcycle racing. Pachinko is also legal as are lotteries. There have been efforts in recent years to legalize casinos to boost tourism. Players must be 20 years of age or older to legally gamble.
- Penal Code of Japan: Gambling is banned under the Penal Code of Japan but there are some exceptions which include online sports betting and lottery on licensed websites. Operating an offline or online casino in Japan is illegal but you can safely play your favourite games at offshore online casino sites accepting Japanese players such as those reviewed in our top 10 lists.
- Legal Public Sports: Four public sports are legal under Japanese laws. These are horse racing, bicycle racing, motorcycle racing, and powerboat racing. Other legal betting opportunities are lottery and pachinko. These are under the control of local governments. The public lottery and the Japanese Soccer Pools are exempted from the list of illegal gambling activities in Japan. To operate any of the legal public sports a license is required from the local government. The Japan Racing Association operates the major horse racing activities. The national lottery is run by Toto and is the only legally licensed online gambling portal.
- Online Gambling: Online gambling in lottery, soccer Toto and public sport is legal. The only way to enjoy online casino games is by signing up with a foreign online casino site accepting Japanese players. The Japanese Casino Bill was announced in 2014 and if approved it will allow for Japan's gambling market to become one of the largest in the world. There are many international gambling operators interested in investing and the bill will help to legalize online gambling and casinos.
Did you know?
Japan is a country with ancient traditions and it is said that Emperor Temmu played the first gambling game called ban-sugoroku. Gambling was banned until 1284. In the 18th century, small bets on lotteries were allowed but big betting opportunities were banned. This led to the creation of games of chance such as zanmai, kitsune, and karuta. Pachinko was created during World War II and spread across the country. There are more than 4 million pachinko machines in Japan.
The first gambling law was approved back in 1907 and most of its provisions are still valid today. This law made it legal to bet on horse racing, bicycle racing, motorboat racing, and motorcycle racing. The national lottery is also legal and this was established in 1630. It was banned in 1842 but was allowed again in 1945. The lottery is owned by the Japanese government. In 2016, new gambling legislation was approved to legalize online casinos for Japan. The legalization of land-based casinos may follow.
The gambling laws are strict and there are a lot of limitations on players. The good news is that there are plenty of offshore JPY online casinos and our list of the top ten Japanese online casinos for 2023 along with in-depth reviews can help you find the best site to play at. It is unclear yet what the future of online gambling in Japan will hold, but there is a chance for future changes to the laws and the legalization of licensed online casinos for Japan.
Reviewed Blacklisted Sites to Avoid
Japanese online casinos are not legal at present and this means citizens who want to play real money casino games must use offshore sites. Not all these sites are safe and secure and there is still plenty of scam and fraudulent sites out there. Our reviewers vet every casino online accepting Japanese players and any sites that don't meet our strict criteria are added to the top 10 blacklists. These sites often avoid paying winnings, have poor terms, use rigged and pirated games, and don't have a license. Our reviews check all this for you. Below you will find the latest reviewed sites that have been added to our 2023 blacklist. If you signup with one of these sites extreme caution is advised.See our list of recommended casinos
- No License
- Payment Problems
- Unethical Business Practice
- Fake eCOGRA Accreditation
- Non Payment of Winnings
- Unethical Practices
- Pirated NetEnt Games
- Slow Payouts
- Rigged Games
- Fake games
- Fake license
- Unethical practices
List of Blacklisted Casinos in Japan
- Butlers Bingo Casino
- Bingo Crazy Casino
- Quackpot Casino
- Booty Bingo Casino
- Slot Matic Casino
- Scrummy Bingo Casino
- MrXbet Casino
- Bingo Millionaire Casino
- Bobs Bingo Casino
- Bingo Bytes Casino
List of Casinos to Avoid
- Spassino Casino
- Lucky Gold Casino
- Carboot Bingo Casino
- Rosy Bingo Casino
- Reem Bingo Casino
- Vegas AMPED Casino
- Gravy Train Bingo Casino
- Champers Bingo Casino
- Ramses Gold Casino
- Moon Casino
Explore the Best Casinos in Specific Countries
Games To Play At Japanese Online Casinos
Top 10 best online casinos in the world in Japan feature some of the most popular casino games from leading software providers like Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Betsoft, and Evolution Gaming. Popular picks for Japanese players include baccarat, Dragon Tiger, Japanese Mah-jong, roulette, and the best video slots. Our reviewed ten best sites also offer huge progressive jackpots and many have live dealer games from Evolution Gaming. All the sites are fully optimized so you can play on any operating system or device. Our top 10 free game guides can help you learn the rules, betting strategies, and winning tips for real money gaming. No matter what type of game you enjoy playing, you'll find it at one of the reviewed casinos online accepting Japanese players in 2023.
Top 10 Best Japan Online Casino Bonuses
Bonuses and promotions are a staple at all gambling sites and the best casino sites will offer the best online casino bonuses. New players are treated to some of the best offers and these welcome deals can include no deposit cash codes and coupons as well as free spins. Welcome packages are a popular choice at many of the top 10 Japan online casino sites reviewed here and these offer generous match deposits along with free spins on the best slots. Using a no deposit bonus is the best way to test out a newest online casinos. You get to play for free and keep your winnings. Best no deposit casinos codes can be used to play all the best slots and some table games and our top 10 best no deposit site reviews for 2023 explains more. Regular players can enjoy a range of daily/weekly/monthly promos too and this includes regular reloads on all deposits, cashback, free spins on new slots, and loyalty points that can be converted to real money.
Featured Top 10 Online Casino Bonuses in Japan
Top 10 featured bonuses are the best offers available at Japan friendly online casinos sites in 2023. These offers are updated regularly to ensure we feature the best deals and many of these include massive welcome packages, free spins with no deposit, and generous first deposit match deals with low deposits. Our review team ensures all the featured bonuses have fair terms and low wagering requirements. Non-wagering spins are a popular choice in 2023 and these allow you to play the best slots and keep winnings without having to clear a playthrough.
Bonus Terms and Conditions At Japanese Online Casinos
Japanese online casino bonuses all have terms and conditions that you must adhere to if you want to cashout your winnings. Our reviews go through all the T&C's to ensure they are fair and to highlight anything players need to be aware of. Below are the bonus T&C's you should pay particular attention to when claiming a bonus at any online casino site in Japan.
This is the number of times you have to bet your bonus before your winnings become cashable. The number can vary from 30x up to 90x depending on the bonus type. No deposit bonuses will always have a higher number.
Maximum Bet and Cashout Limits
When you play with bonus money the size of your bets is restricted. If you bet over the maximum amount you void your bonus and winnings. Winnings can be capped when using a bonus and the cashout limit tells you how much real money you can withdraw after you have cleared the playthrough. For no deposit codes, this is usually between $50 and $100. Anything you win over this amount will be removed from your account when your withdrawal request is processed.
Games You Can Play
Not all games can be played with a bonus. The terms will list allowed games. The terms will also list the contribution percentage of each game category. This is the percentage amount of each bet that goes towards clearing the wagering requirement. It is important to check this. Table games if allowed will have the lowest contribution percentage and this can be between 2% and 10%. Slots are usually 100% but jackpot games are not allowed. To clear the playthrough our reviewers recommend playing 100% contribution games when using a bonus.
Bonuses expire and you only have a certain amount of time to use them and clear the wagering requirement. The bonus expiry can vary depending on the type of offer you have claimed. Free spins can be valid for 24 hours, free cash up to 7 days, and deposit bonuses up to 30 days. You have this amount of time to turn your winnings cashable.
Responsible Gambling At Japanese Online Casinos
Responsible gambling is something that is taken very seriously in 2023 and all our reviewed sites have responsible gambling features. Licensed sites must provide information on responsible gambling and offer special player features to ensure players are protected. This includes the ability to limit losses by setting deposit limits and game session limits. Those who feel they may be developing a problem can also self-exclude. The responsible gambling pages on Japanese online casino sites also include links to helpful agencies such as Gamblers Anonymous where further help can be accessed.
Gaming On The Go - Best Japanese Mobile Online Casinos
Mobile online casinos in Japan allow you to play your favourite games on the go. You can play pachinko, slots, video poker, blackjack, roulette, and even bet on horse racing on your iPhone or Android device. There are multiple Japanese mobile online casinos offering gameplay in English and Japanese that allow you to wager in Japanese Yen (¥), US Dollars ($), Euro (€), and more. The casino websites are fully optimized for mobile users and you can play with no download in your Safari or Google browser. Some of the best sites reviewed in our top ten lists also offer mobile apps that you can download from the Apple or Google Play app stores. All the mobile sites offer welcome bonuses and some even have special mobile codes you can claim. The games adjust to suit the size of your screen and swipe and touch technology is built-in.
Gaming on the go is a popular choice for many in 2023 and it offers the same great experience as desktop websites. You'll find all the same games including the best slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and even live dealers. You can deposit and withdraw in JPY, contact customer support, and do everything you can on desktop, on your mobile. All you need is an internet connection. Some sites even have the fun play option included for mobile users so you can test things out and see how the mobile site works before deciding to play for real money. For more information, be sure to check out our top 10 best mobile online casino reviews for 2023.
How About Network Coverage?
Enjoying the best Japan casinos online on your mobile is easy and you can use any of the cellular networks. This includes NTT Docomo, KDDI, SoftBank Mobile, and Y! Mobile. Once you are connected to the internet you can play real money games. You can connect via 3G, 4G, 5G, and Wi-Fi, although a Wi-Fi connection is the recommended choice if you don't want to use your data.
Japanese online casino sites are compatible with all modern smartphones and tablets. The biggest brands on the Japanese market at the time of writing this review page were Apple's iPhone and iPad, and Android devices from Samsung and Huawei. You can use any of these devices to gamble on the go and all our top 10 reviewed sites are fully optimized for mobile users and offer the best graphics and gameplay.
Deposit & Withdrawal Options At Japan Online Casinos
In order to play real money games you have to be able to deposits funds into your casino account. At casinos online for Japan you'll find plenty of options to choose from and you can deposit and withdraw in Yen. Most of these sites are international online casinos and the options will vary. Popular options for Japan including PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, and Neteller, but you will also find additional e-wallets and some sites even offer cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Below are the most popular deposit and withdrawal options for players at online casino sites for Japan in 2023.
PayPal is a world-renowned e-wallet that can be used for deposits and withdrawals at the best Japan online casino sites, as well as in the international gaming venues. Most importantly, there are no fees associated with the instant deposits and you'll get the fastest withdrawals. To find the best PayPal sites available to you, please ensure to see our top 10 PayPal online casino reviews.
Paysafecard is a pre-paid card payment method that is a popular choice at Japanese online casinos. You can purchase cards in various JPY amounts making them perfect for low deposits. You can also combine up to 10 cards for larger deposits. It is safe and secure with instant no-fee deposits. Withdrawals are not available without a MyPaysafecard account. Read our top 10 Paysafecard casino reviews.
Skrill is a popular e-wallet payment method that has been in operation since 2011. It is safe and secure and offers instant deposits that have no fees. This e-wallet also allows you to enjoy the fastest withdrawals but a small fee can be charged so it is important to check before withdrawing. To find out more about the best Skrill online casinos accepting Japanese players read the reviews on our website.
Neteller is another e-wallet payment method accepted at the best online casino sites in the world. It is safe and secure and licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority. Instant deposits with no fees as well as fast withdrawals can be expected along with anonymity for those who don't want to share their financial details. For more be sure to read about the Top 10 Neteller sites for 2023.
Winners Reviewed At Japanese Casinos Online
Reviewing the best Japan online casino sites for 2023 includes looking at how often players win at the casino. Many of the top 10 sites reviewed have a winners list and our experts look at the amounts won and where the winners come from. Our featured sites have winners from all over Japan including Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo, and more. To add your name to the list, be sure to read the reviews for the ten best casinos online in Japan for 2023.
FAQs About Japan Online Casinos
To help you understand more about the best casino sites to play at in 2023 our reviewers have compiled a list of the top 10 frequently asked questions about Japan online casinos. The answers to these questions are below and this section is updated on a regular basis as information changes.
- Are online casino sites legal in Japan? While there are no legal sites in Japan itself, you can play at any of our top 10 reviewed sites. The gambling laws do state that casinos are illegal and you can only bet on specific sports and lotteries. New laws are being discussed to legalized casinos.
- Is it legal to bet on sports? Yes, sports betting and lottery are legal once they are done through a site holding a Japanese license. Many citizens do enjoy betting at offshore sites too where they get the best odds and more betting markets and sports.
- Is it safe to gamble online? Yes, all our reviewed sites and those featured in our top 10 lists are fully licensed and regulated making them safe and secure. While gambling online is classed as illegal, the government doesn't punish residents from playing at international online casinos and you can choose from any of our reviewed sites.
- Can I claim a bonus? Yes, you can. All the Japanese online casinos reviewed on our site have excellent bonuses and promotions for both new and regular players. You'll find exciting no deposit cash and free spins codes for new players as well as rewards and loyalty treats for regular players including cashback, reloads, free spins, and more.
- What deposit methods are available? Every reviewed online casino for Japan offers several safe and secure deposit methods that you can choose from including PayPal, Paysafecard, Neteller, and Skrill. Other deposit methods can include credit and debit cards, e-wallets, wire transfers, prepaid cards, and even cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Are the games at online site fair? Yes, they are. All the games at our top 10 reviewed online casinos for Japan have been independently tested to guarantee fairness. Our review team look for certification from independent testing companies such as eCOGRA and TST.
- Can I get a no deposit bonus? Yes, you can. Japanese players can enjoy no deposit cash and free spins bonuses. These are a great way to test out a new site and win real money. For more information on no deposit bonuses be sure to visit our top 10 no deposit bonus casinos page.
- Can I play on my mobile at Japan casinos online? Yes, you can. Each of our top 10 online casinos in Japan is fully mobile optimized. You can enjoy all the action from your smartphone or tablet and some sites offer free apps that you can download to your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- How long do withdrawals take? Withdrawals vary depending on the casino and the payment method you choose to use. It can take anywhere from a few hours up to several business days. E-wallets offer the fastest withdrawals, but you also have to take into account the pending time listed at the casino. This is the length of time it takes for withdrawal requests to be processed and this can vary from 24 hours up to 96 hours. To ensure the speediest payouts, be sure to visit our top 10 fastest withdrawals page for more information.
- Do I have to play for real money at online casinos in Japan? No. All our top 10 reviewed casinos online in Japan have what is called a fun play option. This is where you can play the games in demo mode using virtual money. It is a great way to learn the rules and practice, but you can't win real money. If you want to play free games for real money the best way to do this is with a no deposit bonus. You receive free cash to play the games and you can keep winnings up to a fixed amount if you meet the wagering requirements.