Best Online Casino Sites in Austria 2023
This Austrian-focused section of our website is to provide visitors with the very best selection of top Austrian online real money casinos. Our 10 best sites in Austria are updated regularly to ensure you have the best gambling sites to choose from along with in-depth reviews. Each of the casinos listed on this page offers exciting gameplay and are all fully tested to ensure 100% satisfaction. We welcome you to try these top best sites reviewed in full for the chance to hit a big jackpot.
- Licensed and Regulated: We make sure that all Austria online casinos reviewed are licensed and regulated. Like many of the best European casinos online, Austrian sites are licensed by MGA or the UKGC.
- Customer Support: Players can experience issues at any time and all the top online casino sites listed have 24/7 customer support with live chat so the support staff are always ready to answer your questions.
- Wide Variety of Casino Games: Whether you are playing for fun or real money a large selection of top casino games is a must and our casino review ensure you'll find the best slots, poker, table games, and live dealers.
- Special Offers and Casino Bonuses: The availability of special offers and casino bonuses helps the best online casinos for Austria stand out. Our reviews look for generous deposit bonuses as well as free spins and no deposit codes.
- Convenient Payment Options: Our top 10 online casinos for Austria in 2023 offer a variety of payment methods including credit cards, e-wallets (like PayPal or PaySafeCard), and cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, or Litecoin), making it easy to deposit and withdraw. Players can make deposits in Bitcoin and PayPal or other convenient banking options for them.
- Mobile Casino Compatibility: To achieve the best possible results for our readers, we try to be as dilligent as possible. Because of this, our reviews check for mobile, tablet, and desktop compatibility and the best online gambling sites are all fully optimized for mobile users so you can gamble on the go anywhere. Your favorite online gambling venue will be available right in your pocket at all times.
- Languages and Currencies: Playing in your native language and begin able to bet in Euros is a must when reviewing online casinos for Austria. Our Top 10 have various languages and multiple currencies to choose from.
- Top Security: When choosing an online casino for Austria security is paramount and our reviews insist on the latest SSL encryption technology to keep all player data encrypted and safe from potential hacks.
- Reliable Casino Software: The best online casinos for Austrian players offer a no download instant play platform and use top software providers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, and Evolution gaming for a thrilling gambling experience.
- Big Jackpots: Big jackpots entice players and our review team ensure there are plenty of big jackpots for Österreich online casino players to win including massive progressive jackpot slots such as Mega Moolah.
Austria's Best Online Casino Opportunities
Austria might bring images of stunning scenery and green landscapes, but when it comes to online casinos, Austrian players have a huge range of choices. Gambling in this country is legal but there are restrictions. You are allowed to gamble at an online casino in Austria and restrictions are usually placed on the operators. The Austrian Association of Betting and Gambling is responsible for issuing licenses to online operators but the restrictions are fierce and many Austrians choose offshore online casinos holding a license from the Malta Gaming Authority or a Curacao eGaming License. The government won't penalize you if you gamble online at Austria-friendly casinos but they are looking to clamp down on it. For now, though, all the top 10 sites reviewed on this page are legal and allowed in 2023 and our 10 best-ranked ones are fully licensed and regulated and open to Austrians who want to play top-ranked casino games for real money.
Top Choices for Austria
- Sign-Up Offer 100% Bonus, Up to €450
- Sign-Up Offer 100% Bonus, Up to €100
Player Feedback and Testimonials
Being the #1 choice for visitors looking for the best online gambling sites and casino reviews for 2023 is our mission here at Top10Casinos. Our expert review team provide you with honest and transparent reviews so you can choose the best casino for you in 2023. Our readers know we can be trusted and the feedback and testimonials we've received prove this.
Best Real-Money Austrian Online Casinos
We rate and review the best Austrian online casinos in 2023 and these are available to play in Euros and offer hundreds of top real money games. This includes a range of slots and progressive jackpots as well as table and card games and top live dealer action. The top 10 sites for Austrian-friendly casino sites online can help you narrow down your choice and our rated reviews help ensure you only pick the best. All the gambling sites listed offer the latest real money games with high payouts and top bonuses and promotions to get you started.
Play the best real money games at top Austrian online casino sites with no risk using a no deposit bonus code in 2023.
- Featured OfferTop Real Money Offer 100% Match Bonus Get Up To €450 Free on your 1st Deposit
More About the Reviewed Featured Austrian Online Casino
was established in , and is licensed and regulated by . Offering the best casino games from it is a top choice for AUT players. Fair gaming is guaranteed by and customer support is excellent. Enjoy the latest slots, table games, and live dealer games when you signup and receive a generous welcome bonus worth €. Cashout your winnings with fast withdrawals and enjoy top rewards like free spins, cashback, and generous reloads on a regular basis. Read our Top 10 review for more.
Austrian Online Casino Related Gambling Laws & Regulations
Austria gambling laws are quite strict and have garnered a lot of public interest in recent years. The Austrian gambling license procedure has been critiqued by the European Court of Justice because of monopoly and significant revisions are being made to the Austrian Gambling Act. All gambling activities are legal at casinos in Austrian but the gambling industry is government regulated. The gambling law distinguishes between "proper" gambling involving large amounts of money and "Kleines Glucksspiel" small gambling. Small gambling includes card and table games as well as low-bet slot machines. Proper gambling is only allowed in casinos but small gambling is allowed everywhere. Players are allowed to gamble at online casinos including offshore sites and as gambling is legal you won't face any penalties. It is legal for any resident in Austria to play real money games online. At present, Casinos Austria holds a state monopoly as the only casino with a license within the country but you can play at offshore casinos licensed within the European Union. The online gambling age in this country is 18.
- The Austrian Gambling Act: Online gambling in Austria is legal under the Gambling Act as well as the E-commerce Act. It allows for games of chance that are regulated and this includes casino games, table games, slot machines, lottery, bingo, and poker. Everything is regulated on a federal and state level and licenses are given by the Federal Minister of Finance. Licenses for provincial games are obtained from the provincial governments. There is only one licensed online casino in Austria regulated by the Gambling Act. This is Casinos Austria and they hold the monopoly but Austrians can legally play online at offshore casinos.
- 15 Casino Licenses: The gambling laws allow for 15 casino licenses after a review of the Gambling Act in 2010. Twelve of these licenses have been given to Casinos Austria who maintains a monopoly. The other three licenses were given to other casino operators but their compliance with the AUT gambling law was questioned and they were revoked. There is one lottery license that belongs to the Lotteries and Casinos Austria is a major shareholder.
- Independent Gambling Regulator: The minister for finance Gernot Blumel announced in 2020 plans to establish an independent gambling regulator. This will help to end the monopoly and the regulator will be responsible for the supervision of casinos, transparent licensing, and will offer player protection.
Did you know?
Gambling in Austria has always been popular and is legal. Austria does however have a state monopoly and the government does not issue licenses to offshore operators unless they reside in the country. Despite this, AUT customers can play at online casinos that are licensed and located offshore. Tight restrictions are in place to ensure responsible gambling. The first lottery was held in 1751 and was taken over by the state in 1773. It was then transferred to Austrian Lottery in 1990. In 1986 the popular "6 of 45" lottery was introduced and is the most popular today with its twice-weekly drawing.
Austria has luxurious land-based casinos and Casino Baden is the largest. All the land-based casinos are run by Austria Casinos. There are 29 casinos in 24 cities. Innsbruck has 3 casinos and the biggest Austrian casinos can be found in Bergenz. Other casinos are located in Vienna and Linz. Gambling is a huge part of the economy with more than 14 billion euros begin bet every year at online casinos and this is increasing.
When online gambling was first legalized, Austrians could only play online poker at Win2Day, a licensed local operator that is also a subsidiary of the AUT Lottery. This did little for those who continued to play at European online casinos and so the government imposed a 40% tax on all online gambling revenue from residents in Austria. Offshore Österreich-friendly online casinos licensed by the Malta Gambling Authority protested the taxes but the appeal was abandoned and offshore casinos are still paying these taxes.
Blacklisted and Online Casinos to Avoid in Austria
Not all Austrian-friendly online casinos are the same and that is why we only review and recommend the best sites in our top ten lists. All operators are carefully vetted and our reviewers test everything before applying our ratings. Our review process ensures the sites are high quality, licensed and regulated, and safe and secure. We also ensure they offer the best banking options with fast withdrawals - like Bitcoin and Paypal. Only the sites with top ratings are featured on our site. Those that don't meet the strict criteria or sites that are found to be dubious, or have scam sister sites are added to our top 10 blacklisted sites which are shown below. Some of these are scams, others create loopholes to avoid paying out winnings. Some use pirate games and there are some that don't have a license. Our review team advises extreme caution if you sign up with any blacklisted site especially if they promise massive bonuses or special no deposit offers.See our list of recommended casinos
- Fake License
- Pirating Software
- Poor-quality games
- Fake eCOGRA accreditation
- Confiscated legitimate winnings
- Unethical practices
- Rogue operator
- Players don't receive winnings
- Poor customer support
- Casino is Closed
- Numerous complaints
- Non-payment of winnings
List of Blacklisted Casinos in Austria
- Slot Diamond
- Cash o Lot Casino
- Bingo Diamond Casino
- Lucky Touch Bingo Casino
- Mako Casino
- Casino Girl
- Funclub Casino
- Landmark Bingo Casino
- Galaxy Pig Casino
- 123 Slots Online
List of Casinos to Avoid
- Casino Alpino
- Spin and Win Casino
- Casino Gates
- Summit Casino
- Comfy Bingo Casino
- Burnbet Casino
- Gravy Train Bingo Casino
- Anna Casino
- 99 Slot Machines
- Boss Casino
Discover Top 10 Online Casinos Around the Globe
Best and Most Popular Austrian Online Casino Games
Top online casinos will offer a range of popular games to suit all players. This should include the best slots, table games such as blackjack, roulette, and baccarat, video poker, roulette, craps, and more. Some of the top sites will have thousands of games in their games library with plenty of choices to suit all budgets. Software providers will vary, but most sites will use big brand providers and our reviews check all this before adding any casino to our top 10 lists. Live dealer casinos are popular in 2023 and many of the best Austrian sites will offer them. When playing for real money it is important to make sure that the games you enjoy are included and you can find out more about the top games in our game guides.
Best Online Casinos in Austria October 2023
Austria is a well-established German-speaking country located in central Europe. It has a long and rich history when it comes to gambling, offering several forms of gambling activities that are completely legal to Austrians at the best online casinos. Most European and international online casinos are able to provide their products and services to online players in Austria without a domestic licence. However, choosing the top Austrian online casino can be a difficult task, especially if you are new to the world of online gambling. Thankfully, we at Top 10 have decades of industry experience and have a clear understanding of what Austrian players want when it comes to gambling on desktop or mobile devices. There are hundreds of new and established gambling sites fighting for your business but not all of them are considered equal. You'll also notice that the gambling industry is quite volatile, leading to unpredictable changes on a monthly basis. We at Top 10 strive to ensure our Austrian readers are always up-to-date with the latest news and developments in the industry and ensure our loyal readers only play at the best in the business. Below, you'll have access to our monthly report, showcasing the top performing online casinos in Austria in several categories. Whether you want the biggest first deposit bonus or the largest selection of software providers, you'll find everything you need right here!
- Top AT Casinos Overall: The top performing gambling sites in every department you can imagine include 22 Bet Casino and Magic Red Casino.
- Most Generous Bonuses: Those who are looking for attractive bonuses with fair terms and conditions will be blown away by the offers available at Betway Casino and LeoVegas Casino.
- Best Austrian Mobile Casinos: Mobile gambling has taken the world by storm and players in Austria can enjoy non-stop gaming entertainment with all the bells and whistles at Woo Casino and Betchan Casino.
- Top EcoPayz Casinos in Austria: Want to make safe and secure online transactions with a choice between prepaid cards, debit/credit cards e-wallets and cryptocurrencies? Check out Spinia Casino and Betamo Casino today!
- Excellent Games and Software Providers: Do you consider yourself an allround gambler who enjoys video slots, table games, live dealer titles and progressive jackpots from multiple software providers? Make sure to read our comprehensive reviews on 888 Casino and Cookie Casino to find out more.
Bonuses and Top Promotions at AUT Online Casinos
Online casino bonuses are a great way to test out the best Österreich online casinos and there are different types of bonuses and promo codes to look out for. There are essentially two types, deposit offers and no deposit bonuses. The no deposit bonus is the most sought after and it allows you to review the casino with no deposit required. It is a marketing incentive but you can win real money if you clear the wagering requirements. No deposit bonuses come in three forms; free cash, free spins, or free time. Deposit bonuses require you to fund your casino account and tend to be far more generous than no deposit deals. Deposit bonuses are usually percentage matches up to a fixed amount and many of the best Österreich online casinos offer huge welcome packages for new players. Many of these include free spins and are spread out over a number of deposits. Be sure to check out our top 10 Österreich online casinos for 2023 reviews to find the best no deposit bonus codes. Our reviewers recommend using a no deposit promo code to play real money games and win real money without using your own money. They are a great way to review new software providers or try out betting strategies or new games. Plus, you can cash out your winnings in the most convenient banking options - PayPal, Bitcoin, PaySafeCard, etc.
Featured Austrian Online Casino Bonuses
Below you will find the best Austria online casino real money bonuses. They can often include free spins or free chips with no deposit required and you get to keep your winnings once you clear the playthrough requirements. Many of the top offers will have low playthrough requirements making it easier for you to cashout your winnings, although it is worth noting at that a minimum deposit may be required. Free spins are the best choice for slots fans. You can use them to play the latest and best slots and each spin will have a set bet value. Free chips ND codes can be used on slots and some table games. The free time no deposit bonus is only available at Microgaming casinos and this is where you receive 60 minutes of free play that can be used on all games. Players should be aware that no deposit bonus codes for our top Austrian online casinos have cashout limits and this is usually between €50 and €100.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Österreich online casino bonuses have terms and conditions and it is important that all players read and make sure they understand them before redeeming any special offers. Our reviewers analyze all the T&Cs and recommend that all players do too so they can be sure they are getting the best Austrian online casino bonuses every time. Below are some of the things you need to look at.
Wagering or Playthrough
All bonuses come with wagering requirements players need to fulfill to keep winnings from a promo, unless explicitly stated (non-wagering or no rules spins). The wagering or playthrough requirement tells you how many times you have to bet your bonus before it becomes cashable. It will be shown as a number followed by an X and it can be calculated on the bonus amount or the deposit + bonus amount. Deposit bonus wagering is on average 30x. No deposit bonuses tend to be higher and range from 50x up to 90x at some sites. You cannot cashout your winnings without clearing the wagering requirement first and in some cases, you might be required to make a low deposit before you can issue a withdrawal request and keep winnings from the promotion.
Allowed Games and Wagering Contribution
Only certain games are allowed with your online casino bonus so you need to check because if you play games that are not permitted you forfeit your winnings. The list of prohibited games will be included in the bonus terms. Also included is the game contribution percentage. This is the amount of your bet that goes towards clearing the playthrough. Slots tend to be 100% but other games like blackjack might only be 10%. Live dealer games are usually not allowed.
This term usually refers to no deposit bonuses but it can extend to some deposit offers too. It tells you how much of your real money winnings you can actually withdraw if you have used a casino bonus. Anything you win over the max cashout amount is removed from your account when you request a payout.
Bonuses expire so you only have a limited amount of time to clear the wagering requirements. This can range from 24 hours with free spins to 30 days for deposit bonuses. No deposit chip codes can be valid for 7 days. The no deposit free time bonus is valid for one hour. If you don't clear the wagering within this period you lose your winnings and any remaining bonus.
As well as the T&Cs, responsible gaming is important and when you play at any of the top Austrian casinos online we've recommended and reviewed you'll find information on responsible gaming on the site. Casinos Austria was the first company in the world to be certified for its responsible gaming management system on the European Casino Association (ECA) standards. This certification was valid for 3 years and again in 2017, they were re-certified. To receive this certification they had to pass eight areas including staff training on responsible gaming, responsible advertising, and responsible gambling information for casino users in Wien/Vienna, Salzburg, Graz, Innsbruck, Bregenz or any other city. Players can also find information on responsible gambling at SMV along with help if they have a gambling problem.
Austrian Mobile Online Casino Information
Top online casino sites are fully optimized for mobile users so you can play on a smartphone or tablet. Some of the best sites have dedicated apps for iOS (like iPhone and iPad devices) and Android software. Most of the websites are designed using HTML5 technology so the games run in your browser with no download of an app required. They are fast loading and allow for gaming on the go as long as you have an internet connection without an app taking up space on your device. The games automatically adjust to suit the size of the screen you are playing on. Gaming on the go on apps and websites is the popular choice with many gamblers and you can play real money games and win big jackpots no matter where you are. Top mobile casinos will offer all the best games including the latest slots and table games such as blackjack, roulette, craps, and baccarat. Most will have a live dealer casino too. Mobile casinos also have bonuses and promotions and you can deposit and withdraw with the tap of the screen too. You can even review the games with no risk using a no deposit bonus or the fun play option that allows you to play demo versions of many of the games.
Our reviews of the best casino sites for mobile users mean that customers can play their favorite games at any time and from anywhere as long as they have an internet connection. The instant play platforms mean you don't have to worry about having to download apps and the casinos can be accessed with no download option on Safari or Chrome browsers. Players can deposit and withdraw, as well as contacting the customer support team should they need it. Our top 10 mobile casino review for AUT can help you find the best offers for 2023.
How About Network Coverage?
The top online casinos for Austria work on all devices with an internet connection. This can be WiFi, 3G, or 4G, although WiFi is the recommended choice for those that don't want to use their data. The sites we've reviewed and recommended for 2023 will run smoothly on all mobile networks including Orange, 3 (Drei Austria), A1, Magenta, and Telekom.
Real money gaming can be enjoyed on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets and you should have no problems using any of the popular devices such as Apple's iPhone or iPad, or Android devices such as Samsung, Huawei, or Nokia. The games are played in high resolution with high-quality graphics and games individually require no download of a dedicated app.
Payment Methods For Austrian Online Casino Gamblers
Austrian casino online players online have access to a range of payment methods including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers. The most popular methods are SOFORT, Giropay, Trustly, Bitcoin, PayPal, and Skrill. Our top 10 best-rated sites allow you to play, deposit, and withdraw in Euros and many offer instant and fast withdrawals. While different payment methods will have longer payout timeframes, Players from all over the country (Vienna/Wien, Tyrol, Bregenz, Salzburg, Graz, or Innsbruck) will be happy to know that they have lots of choices when it comes to withdrawing their winnings or funding their casino account. It is important to check the pending time for the site you are playing at as this can vary from 24 hours up to 72 hours. While your withdrawal is pending you can still cancel your payout request. Below are the most popular payment methods and our top 10 reviews can help you find out more.
SOFORT is a European payment system based in Germany and established in 2005. It is one of the most popular online casino payment options for Austria. You can deposit and withdraw but you do have to log into your bank and authorize the payment. Deposits are instant and there are no fees. Security is high and there are plenty of SOFORT casino sites for Austrian online gamblers reviewed here at Top10Casinos.
GiroPay is a top payment method for Austria and offers secure online transactions. Established in 2005 by Postbank, there are more than 1,500 participating banks and there are no fees charged. Quick and easy online payments and all you need is a registered bank account or building society to make use of this payment option. There is no shortage of Austrian online casinos that accept GiroPay.
Trustly is the preferred payment method for online casino players in Austria. It was founded in 2008 and is a Swedish online payment method. It is available in 29 territories. It provides a fast and secure deposit and withdrawal method with no fees. It is a direct bank e-payments service with the highest security protocols. Trustly is a popular choice for Pay n Play casinos. Banks can charge a fee on transactions.
Popular e-wallet Skrill was founded in 2001 and is recognized around the world. It is safe and secure, and can be used to deposit and withdraw from Austrian online casino account. Deposits are free if they are done via a bank transfer but there can be fees if you fund your account using a debit or credit card. There are fees charged on withdrawals too. For Austrians, there are plenty of Skrill online casinos.
Below you will find the top recent winnings from Austrian online casinos in 2023. They have been some big wins on some of the best slots as well as cash jackpots from some of our top-rated casinos. To be in with the chance of having your name displayed on the top winners of 2023 list be sure to check out our reviews and featured sites and get started with one of the generous promo codes listed at the best casino sites.
Online Gambling Casino Sites FAQs For Austrians
Below you will find the top questions asked about gambling for real money at Austrian online casinos in 2023. These top ten questions have been answered by our expert review team and will help you understand everything you need to know before you check out our in-depth reviews for the best sites featured on this page. Regardless of where you are from: Vienna, Salzburg, Bregenz, Graz, Innsbruck, or anywhere near Tyrol - you'll find them helpful
- Is online gambling safe in Austria? Yes. It is perfectly safe to gamble at any of our reviewed Austrian online casinos in 2023. We make sure that all the sites we recommend are licensed and regulated and this ensures that you are protected if anything goes wrong.
- Is online gambling legal in Austria? Yes. Gambling in Austria is legal. There are strict restrictions for offshore casino operators but Austrians can gamble legally and safely.
- What is the legal gambling age in Austria? You must be 18 to gamble at any casino whether that is land-based or online. The legal age for local lotteries is 16. The protection of minors is taken very seriously and part of the Austrian Gambling Act.
- How do I deposit money into my casino account? Making deposits at the best online casinos for Austrian players is easy and all you have to do is visit the cashier section and choose the deposit method you wish to use. Austrians can choose from a number of payment methods including Skrill, Trustly, and Giropay.
- Do I have to pay taxes on my casino winnings? No. Austrian players are not required to declare casino winnings or pay any taxes. It is the casino operators responsibility to pay the taxes required under Austrian gambling laws.
- Can I play real money games on my mobile? Yes, you can. All the best online casinos in Austria are fully compatible with modern mobile devices. You can play real money games on iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets such as Samsung and Huawei.
- What online casino bonuses does Austria have? There many bonuses Austrian players can claim in 2023 including deposit and no deposit offers. We've featured the best welcome bonuses on this page and you can find out what other promos are available by reading the casino review.
- Where can I get help if I have a gambling problem? Austrians with a gambling problem can get help from SMV which is a dedicated website. You are advised to self-exclude from all your casino accounts immediately and our top 10 reviewed sites all have responsible gambling features available for players.
- How much can I win at a Austrian online casino? The law does state that maximum stakes cannot exceed €10 and that winning are capped at €10,000. This pertains to land-based casinos in Austria and is not applicable to online casinos and the maximum win for these sites will be at the discretion of the casino operator. Most will detail the maximum withdrawal limits on a weekly and monthly basis.
- What gambling activities are the most popular? In Austria the most popular gambling activity is football betting but other sports such as ice hockey and skiing are also popular. Austrians are particularly fond of online slots, card games, bingo, scratch cards, and poker and all these can be found at the best Austrian online casinos reviewed here for 2023.