Best Online Casino Sites in Ireland 2023
Our experts review all the Irish casinos online in great detail before rating and ranking them. This includes signing up for an account at the sites, testing the security, speed, banking options, customer support, bonuses, and more. Our reviewers look at the company that owns the site and check for legit licenses and RNG testing. Once all this is performed the greatest sites are listed here and full honest reviews are created for our visitors. Below is an overview of some of the main criteria our reviewers look at.
- Licensing: The best casinos online for Ireland are licensed and regulated by respectable authorities. This ensures safety and fairness. Our reviews look for this and the well-known licensing authorities include the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, and Curacao Gaming Control.
- Software Providers: We check to ensure the casino games come from top software providers. This includes Ireland-friendly Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, and IGT. The sites will offer games from a number of high-ranked providers.
- Deposit and Withdrawal Methods: In order to play real money games, you have to fund your account and our reviewers look at the payment methods available to ensure the greatest options for Irish gamblers. Our recommended casino sites for Ireland offer multiple payment methods including PayPal and even Bitcoin.
- Generous Welcome Bonus: Our review team make sure that all the recommended Irish casinos online offer generous welcome bonuses and we pay particular attention to no deposit cash codes and vouchers as well as free spins vouchers.
- Live Chat & 24/7 Support: When choosing an online gambling site, customer support is essential. Our reviewers make sure you have fast access to help when you need it via live chat and email. We also look for social media support and telephone.
- Desktop, Tablet & Mobile Casino Compatibility: More than 70% of casino online players in Ireland use their mobiles to play real money games and our reviews ensure you get the best experience on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets with no download required. We also check for mobile apps.
- Responsible Gaming: Our review team check for responsible gaming features on all the pages we review. These include the ability to set deposit limits, game session limits, and even self-exclude should you feel you have a gambling problem.
- Background and Safety Checks:Our reviewers check safety protocols and all the greatest casinos for Ireland have the most up-to-date SSL encryption so you can enjoy your gaming without worrying about safety online.
- Excellent Game Variety: The top casinos online for Ireland will offer a complete games library including the popular slots, table games such as blackjack and roulette, progressive jackpots, video poker, and even live dealer action. Our reviews make sure of this.
- Big Jackpots: When you gamble online you want to win big and our reviewers check for big jackpots including progressive jackpot slots that can make you an instant millionaire and table games with huge cash jackpots.
Live Dealer Casinos Streaming From Dublin
As well as online casinos, Irish players have some excellent brick and mortar establishments to play at too. They are referred to as gambling clubs to stay in line with government laws and the Fitzwilliam Casino and Card Club in Dublin is one of the greatest. It offers weekly poker tournaments as well as roulette, blackjack, and more. It is also one of the live dealer sites for PlayPearls software. Prior to PlayPearls, which launched in 2013, Vuetec software streamed their live casino games from Fitzwilliams. While PlayPearls may not be as popular as Evolution Gaming, if you want to enjoy live dealer games from a real live casino in Ireland, this is the provider to use. They also stream a selection of games from the Penthouse Casino & Card Club which is also located in Dublin. Players can live blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. PlayPearls is still establishing itself but it has been found to be trustworthy and its software is excellent. The best online casinos for Irish players in 2023 offer some form of live dealer games but if you want the true Irish experience look for PlayPearls software.
Top Choices for Ireland
- Sign-Up Offer 100% Bonus, Up to €100
- Sign-Up Offer 400% Bonus, Up to €120
Player Feedback and Testimonials
Player feedback is important to us and our mission here at Top10Casinos is to be the #1 review and comparison establishment. We want our visitors to find the casinos to play at and help them win more. We do this with our recommended best Irish casino online site reviews as well as our free game guides. We also list the new offers and latest promotions. Our reviewers follow strict guidelines and our readers know they can trust us. Below are some of the recent testimonials we've received from Irish visitors in 2023.
Best Top 10 Irish Real Money Online Casinos
Irish casino online sites are some of the best in the world in 2023 and real money gambling is a popular pastime for many. All the real money sites we review and feature here offer value and fun gaming opportunities. They offer generous bonuses and regular promotions including free spins and no deposit coupons. Many offer loyalty and VIP rewards including cashback and bonus cash when you move through the levels. Whether you are looking for a no deposit code from 888 or free spins from LeoVegas or Casumo casino we have you covered and our recommended real money casinos for 2023 are all Ireland friendly.
No deposit bonuses are great for no risk fun and real money wins and the trusted reviews of the hughes-ranked Irish real money casinos online can help you get started.
- Featured OfferTop Real Money Offer 100% Match Bonus Get Up To €1600 Free on your 1st Deposit
More About The Top 10 Featured Ireland Online Casino
Established in 1998, Jackpot City Casino is an excellent choice for Irish players. It is powered by Microgaming and offers the best video slots along with top table games and progressive jackpots. Jackpot City Casino is licensed and regulated by Malta and GLI carries out regular audits to ensure fair gaming. Superb customer support and payment methods with fast withdrawals. Register for a real money account today and receive a welcome bonus worth €1600. Regular promos include reloads, cashback, and free spins. The casino payout percentage is 93.14%. Read our reviews to find out more.
Ireland's Gambling Laws & Regulations
Ireland enjoys a very rich gambling culture with over €5 billion in bets placed every year. There are 20 land casinos regulated by the Gaming and Leisure Association of Ireland and the legal age to gamble is 18. The most popular bets are on poker, horse racing, and greyhound racing. In regards to offline gambling in Ireland, it is legal to play in brick and mortar establishments thanks to laws introduced in the 1970s. Online gambling is legal too and many Irish gamblers enjoy casinos online and live casinos from around the world. The Irish government has yet to establish an Irish Gambling Commission but the Gaming and Lotteries Act of 1956 and the amendments to the Gambling Control Bill of 2013 provide a regulatory infrastructure. The Betting Act of 1954 was the first gambling law passed and governments have worked hard to keep Ireland competitive and present in the global gambling market. The Gaming and Lotteries Act of 1956 prohibits casinos from operating in Ireland but a loophole in this law allows the establishment of gambling clubs which are not prohibited. These clubs are mini-casinos and provide slots, video poker, poker, blackjack, and more. There are approximately 20 clubs and all require membership. It is not illegal to play casino games in these clubs. The Gambling Control Bill of 2013 which has yet to be passed will allow up to 40 legal casinos. This bill also includes provisions for regulating both online and offline gambling.
- Betting in Ireland: Ireland has a significant history in the horseracing industry. Bookmakers have been regulated since the 18th century. The casino industry changed in the early 2000s and private members' clubs emerged. Sweepstakes have been around since early in the 20th century and there are state-regulated prize bonds and the national lottery was established in 1987. In 2014 a 20-year national lottery license was awarded to Premier Lotteries Limited a consortium with An Post and the UK national lottery operator Camelot. Gambling in Ireland is regulated by a number of acts. These are the Betting Acts 1931 to 2015, the Totalisator Act 1929, the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 to 2013 with a new Gaming and Lotteries Act 2019 coming into effect on the 1st December 2020, the National Lottery Act 2013, the Finance Act 1975 and the Finance Act 1992. The Betting Act 2015 regulated remote bookmakers for the first time and all operators accepting bets from customers based in Ireland are subject to licensing under this Act. Lotteries excluding the National Lottery are permitted but must have small prizes and a lottery license.
- Regulatory Authorities: Ireland has a number of government bodies that supervise gambling. The Office of the Regulator of the National Lottery (ORNL) was established with the National Lotteries Act 2013 and regulates and monitors the National Lottery as well as approving new lottery games and controlling the lottery fund. The Department of Justice and Equality (DOJE) is responsible for issuing certificates for betting and remote betting. They are also responsible for the compliance monitoring and inspections on operators under the anti-money laundering legislation. The Minister for Justice and Equality can introduce regulations under the Gaming and Lotteries Act. The Revenue Commissioners, the Irish tax authority are responsible for awarding betting and remote betting licenses, gaming and gaming machine licenses, and amusement and amusement machine licenses. They also ensure betting operators and licensed and pay their taxes. The Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland (ASAI) monitors compliance with advertising standards. An Garda Síochána, the Irish police force, and the district courts can award licenses for small and charitable lotteries. The Gardaí can also issue certificates to Irish-based bookmakers under the Betting Act.
- Gaming and Lotteries Act 2019: This new amendment came into effect on the 1st of December 2020. It formalized the legal age for gambling at 18 as well as making the licensing application process more coherent. This was done to modernize and consolidate Irish gambling and give certainty to online operators offering their services to Ireland. The amendments lay out the requirements for lottery and gaming providers. Lotteries with a total prize value less than €5,000 can apply for a permit from An Garda Síochána. Lottery with prizes up to €30,000 apply through the District Court for a license and 25% must be allocated to a charitable cause. Gambling licenses are awarded by the Revenue Commissioners. Gaming operators licensed overseas but accepting Irish customers are subject to VAT on their Irish revenues and eGaming is taxable at a rate of 23%. There are two online betting licenses available. These are a remote bookmaker's license that covers online betting and a remote betting intermediary's license that allows operators to provide services that allow persons to make bets with other persons by remote means. There are plans to establish an independent regulatory authority that will be tasked with the licensing and regulation of all offline and online gambling activities in Ireland.
Did you know?
Ireland has a long association with gambling. Dice and beads associated with gaming have been discovered at ancient historical sites across the country. Gambling in the 17th century was associated with the UK conquering the island and horse racing became popular. Other games of chance such as blackjack and roulette followed and there were no major regulations governing gambling in Ireland until the 20th century. The first laws were passed after Irish independence. The first of these was the Betting Act in 1926 followed by the Totalisator Act in 1929 and then amendments to the Betting Act in the 1930s. The Gaming and Lotteries Act was passed in 1956 and along with the Betting Act, it regulated all forms of gambling and made casinos illegal. The Financial Act was passed in the 1970s with amendments in 1991 to regulate the rise of slot machines. The National Lottery was established in 1987 by the government as a way to fund social services top online casinos in Ireland.
Casinos are illegal but there are gaming clubs that are legal and offer casino games thanks to a loophole in the laws. Private clubs are allowed and there are a number of these around the country in Dublin, Cork, Dundalk, and Limerick. These are essentially small casinos and all visitors must become members. Membership is free. Horse racing betting is one of the biggest revenues for Ireland. A 2015 amendment to the Betting Act legalized online sportsbooks including those based outside Ireland as long as they apply for a license and follow the laws. Betting shops from local brands like BoyleSports as well as international brands like Paddy Power, Ladbrokes and Betfair are available. Other popular sports to bet on include football (soccer), Gaelic football, and golf. There are three different lottery games in Ireland. The Lotto, EuroMillions, and Daily Million. These are all hosted by the Irish National Lottery. You can also purchase scratch cards and play TV bingo games hosted by the National Lottery.
Online casino sites for Ireland were legalized in the past decade and this allows Irish gamblers to enjoy blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and the most famous slots online. The laws allow local and offshore operators to apply for licenses and this means there are hundreds of options for a top online casino for Irish players. The sites include operators licensed from the UK and other EU countries like Malta. Our recommended best online casino sites for Ireland list the most exciting of these. The Government has been attempting to modernize gambling in Ireland for many years now with several bills passed over the past decade. While progress has been slow there are changes coming and we can expect to see positive changes appearing in the near future. For now, all you need to know is that it is completely legal to play at casino online open to Irish players.
Blacklisted and Reviewed Sites to Avoid
There are hundreds of casino sites fighting for a share of the Irish market. While many of these are reputable, safe, and trustworthy, some sites are not. They might be unlicensed, unsafe, and try to rip you off. These scam sites should be avoided and we recommend you stick to sites that are listed on this page. We only review and recommend safe, secure, and licensed Irish online casino sites. Below are the latest sites to be added to our blacklist. These sites failed our checks.See our list of recommended casinos
- Voided Winnings
- Unfair terms & conditions
- Pirated NetEnt games
- Long payout times
- Pirated NetEnt games
- Unethical business practices
- Confiscated Winnings
- Very slow payouts
- Confusing bonus terms
- Fake games
- Fake license
- Unethical practices
List of Blacklisted Casinos in Ireland
- Butlers Bingo Casino
- 24 Pokies Casino
- Slot Diamond
- Bingo Anywhere Casino
- Snappy Bingo Casino
- Slot Matic Casino
- Bingo Legacy Casino
- Tropica Casino
- Sahara Sands Casino
- Royalio Casino
List of Casinos to Avoid
- Velvet Spin Casino
- Casino Magix
- Fetbet Casino
- Mr Mega Casino
- Scrummy Casino
- Pocket Casino
- Cash o Lot Casino
- Carboot Bingo Casino
- M88 Casino
- Ramses Gold Casino
Browse Other Top Casinos in Specific Countries
Popular Online Casino Games for Ireland
The best online casino for Ireland will offer high-quality entertainment and fun as well as the most interesting games. This should include new and popular video slots including progressive jackpots, the table games like roulette, blackjack, and baccarat, video poker, and even live dealer games. Before you decide where to play for real money you should look at the sites and take a look at their game library. Make sure the games you want to play are included. This also includes looking at the software provider and the featured sites will have games from providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Betsoft, Playtech, IGT, and more. To get the most out of your real money gaming in 2023 be sure to read our free game guides where you'll find winning tips and the most profitable betting strategies.
Top 10 Ireland Online Casino Bonuses and Promotions
Top Irish casinos online will offer the most lucrative bonuses and promotions. Among the most popular promos in 2023 you can expect to find generous welcome bonuses. These are for new customers and are usually on your first deposit. This can be up to a 300% match and our tests check for low minimum deposits. Free Spins are a popular choice too and these can come in the form of deposit or no deposit offers. They can be included in welcome packages and are a great way to play some of the most exciting slots. No deposit cash or spin bonus codes are what most new players look for. These are free offers where the casino will give you a small amount of credit when you signup for a real money account. You can then use this money to play games and if you clear the wagering requirements you get to keep your winnings. Our online casino team works hard to find the most generous bonuses for 2023 so we can list them here.
Our Best Irish Online Casino Bonuses
Below are the greatest real money offers for use at Irish casinos online. They include free spins and free no deposit cash deals. Our team makes sure that all our featured offers come with low playthrough requirements so it's easier to withdraw your winnings. You will be required to register for a real money account and no deposit bonuses can be used to play all the best slots and some table games. Free spins are for slots only and are often for the titles from great software providers. The spins have a fixed coin bet and there are wagering requirements before you can cash out. The largest welcome packages often offer €1,000 or more along with up to 200 free spins over your first couple of deposits. Microgaming is the only software provider offering the free time no deposit bonus where you get a large credit balance and 60 minutes to play all the games you want. In 2023 you'll also find non-wagering spins at casinos online for Ireland so be sure to look for these too.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Top Irish casino online sites offer generous bonuses but it is important to note that all these deals come with terms and conditions that you need to be aware of. Our experts read through all the T&Cs to make sure they are fair and to highlight any red flags. The main bonus terms you should look at prior to claiming any offer in 2023 are listed below.
Bonuses expire. The validity period tells you how long you have to use the bonus and clear the wagering requirements. If you don't clear them within the time period you forfeit whatever remains of your bonus funds. Free spins can expire after 24 hours up to 7 days. Free cash from 7 days to 30 days. It is important to check this before your start playing.
Wagering and Playthrough Requirements
Wagering or playthrough requirements are part of all bonuses and they tell you how many times you have to bet your bonus money before it becomes cashable. The number can vary from 30x all the way up to 90x. If you claim a €10 free cash code with 50x wagering it means you have to bet a total of €500 before you can cashout your winnings. The lower the wagering the easier it is to keep winnings.
Prohibited Games and Wagering Contributions
There are restrictions on the games you can play at Ireland online casinos when using a bonus. Not all games contribute equally to the wagering requirements either. Slots tend to be 100% but table games when allowed can be as low as 10%. The lower the contribution the longer it will take to clear the playthrough. If you play games that aren't permitted you will void your bonus and any winnings you have.
Max Cashout Limits
All free bonus offers with no deposit required have a cashout limit. This is the amount of real money you can withdraw after meeting the playthrough. This is typically between €50 and €100. Anything you win over this will be removed from your account when a withdrawal request is processed.
Responsible gambling is taken very seriously by regulatory authorities and all the best casinos online for Ireland will offer responsible gaming features. This can include the ability to set deposit limits, gaming session time limitations, and even self-exclusion periods when you need to take a break. If you feel you have a gambling problem you can get help from Gamblers Anonymous and Problem Gambling Ireland.
Ireland's Top Mobile Online Casino Sites
The Irish casino sites work perfectly on all mobile and tablet devices. Many of the sites have dedicated apps that can be downloaded for iOS and Android devices and all the top sites have mobile-optimized websites that can be accessed via your mobile browser. The range of games offered is the same as the desktop website and all the software providers now develop games using HTML5 technology which makes them mobile compatible. We take a look at the highest-rated Irish mobile online casinos and ensure they are fast loading, offer smooth gameplay, and adapt to suit the size of the screen you are playing on. We review them on all the popular devices including iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets. If apps are available we download and review these too. With mobile-optimized websites, there is no download required and swipe and touch capabilities are built in.
Mobile casinos should be fun and we review every site looking at functionality, navigation, game quality, and user experience. We also check the mobile casino bonuses offered. Our recommended best mobile online casino reviews for Ireland can help you find the best sites for gaming on the go. The highest-rated sites will have everything you need including access to deposits and withdrawals, customer support, and promotions at the tap of the screen.
How About Network Coverage?
Spinning the reels or playing the card games at leading Irish mobile sites is easy and you can use any of the mobile operators. This includes Eir, Three, Vodafone, and Virgin Mobile. You can play on the go whenever and wherever you want as long as you have an internet connection. This can be 3G, 4G, 5G, or Wi-Fi. Our feedbacks can help you find the best sites for 2023.
The most popular sites can be accessed on all mobile and tablet devices so whether you have an Apple iPhone or iPad, or a popular Android model such as a Samsung, Motorola, or Huawei you can get in on the action. All our reviewed real money sites have been vetted for safety, security, and the most exciting games. If you have an older smartphone we do recommend you check compatibility, but all modern Apple and Android devices will work in Ireland.
Best Online Casino Payment Methods For Ireland
Ireland has a range of payment methods that casino players can use. This includes PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Neteller, bank transfer, Boku, Zimpler, PayForIt, Bitcoin, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Our reviewers recommend PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Neteller. Apple Pay has become more popular thanks to it being added with the iOS 14 software update. Credit and debit cards can be used but most Irish gamblers prefer to use an anonymous payment method such as an e-wallet like PayPal because online gambling transactions on your bank account can prevent you from getting a mortgage or loan. Below you will find an overview of the payment methods for Ireland.
Neteller is a popular e-wallet that offers anonymity and can be used at the top 10 Ireland online casinos for deposits and withdrawals. Deposits are instant with no fees. Neteller is safe and licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority. Fast withdrawals with no fees are guaranteed. For more be sure to see our Top 10 Best Neteller casino reviews.
PayPal is a world-renowned e-wallet that can be used at the top ten best casinos online for Ireland. It offers anonymous deposits and withdrawals with no fees. Deposits are instant and you'll get the fastest withdrawals. Low deposits minimums are available. For more be sure to check out the top 10 best PayPal casino reviews on our site.
Apple Pay is a secure payment method that you can use to make deposits on your mobile at the Irish casinos online in 2023. Deposits are instant and encryption is provided along with two-step authentication and Apple's Touch ID. There are no fees. Unfortunately, at present withdrawals are not available. For more check out the Apple Pay casino reviews.
Google Pay is a best 10-star rated mobile payment method for Android users and avalilable at the 10 Ireland casinos online in 2023. Fast and secure deposits with low minimum deposits starting at €5 up to a maximum of €5,000. Unfortunately, this mobile payment method cannot be used for withdrawals at present. For more see the Google Pay casino reviews on our site.
Irish Online Casino Winners
There have been plenty of big winners at online casino sites marketing to Ireland. Our experts keep an eye on all the winners and many come from our lists. There have been big wins on slots at Jackpot City, Playamo, and LeoVegas and many wins from players in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, and Galway. Most provinces are represented with winners from Munster, Leinster, Connacht, and even some from Donegal and Cavan in Ulster.
FAQs About Online Casino Gambling in Ireland
Now that you know all about legal gambling in Ireland and what the highest-rated sites have to offer it's time to decide where to play. Our lists and reviews can help with this and below are some of the most popular questions we get asked. It should be noted, that our recommended 2023 reviews focus on the Republic of Ireland so if you are from Northern Ireland our recommended UK casino page list has all the information you need.
- How safe is online gambling? Online gambling in Ireland is perfectly safe once you stick with licensed and regulated sites like the ones listed in our best 10 lists and reviews. There are unlicensed sites that will rip you off and there are plenty of scams. Our blacklist can help you avoid these.
- Are real money online casinos legal in Ireland? Yes, they are. The laws are changing but you can legally play at an offshore online casino accepting Irish players. Our reviewers recommend sites that are licensed and regulated such as those in our best 10 list. These are all reputable sites with some of the best bonuses for 2023.
- Do casino sites have to have an Irish license? Yes. All gambling sites need to be licensed in order to operate legally in Ireland. It is recommended that you choose gambling sites that fall under the jurisdiction of the UK Gambling Commission or a reputable licensing body such as the Malta Gaming Authority as this ensure safety, responsible gambling, and fairness. Our Ireland online casino site reviews for 2023 can help.
- Are there fees changed on deposits? No. There are no fees changed on online casino deposits when you choose to play at the best sites. If there are fees you might want to play elsewhere.The best Irish online casino sites we review and feature all offer free withdrawals too.
- Is there are limit on how much I can deposit? There is normally a minimum deposit limit which can vary from €5 or €10. Maximum limits also apply and can go into the thousands. The laws in Ireland have not changed to apply deposit limits unlike Sweden and Germany which are applying deposit limits of €1,000.
- Do I need to download casino software? No. In 2023, this is not necessary and all the best online casino sites for Ireland offer no download instant play options. Instant play casino are convenient and are fully optimized for mobile users too so all you have to do is visit a site in your browser, login, and play.
- Are your Irish online casino sites really the best? We provide honest reviews of all the best online casino site for Ireland and our expert reviewers have knowledge of the industry and follow very strict rating criteria. We only feature and recommend the best sites and any that we review and find unsuitable or untrustworthy we add to our blacklist. Player feedback is very important to us and our testimonials speak for themselves.
- Can I play with no deposit? Yes, you can. Some of the best Ireland online casino site offer a no deposit bonus which will let you play real money games for free and keep your winnings. The best sites also have a fun play option where you can play demo versions of all the best games without depositing. This is the best way to learn the rules and see how things work before depositing and playing for real money.
- What about free spins? Several of the sites for Ireland offer free spins to attract new members. The spins are generally limited to certain games and your winnings will be subject to wagering requirements.It should be noted that as per UKGC rules, free spins are now referred to as super spins, mega spins, or bonus spins. Be sure to check out our reviews of the best sites for Ireland with free spins.
- Do I have to pay taxes on my winnings? No. if you win money at an Irish casino online in 2023 you don't have to pay taxes. If a site claims you have to pay taxes on your winnings we recommend you find another site to play at. Our reviews can help with this.