The Top 10 Best European Online Casinos
The best European online casinos for 2021 are all listed here on our site. Below you will find reviews and information on the Top 10 gambling sites and games like roulette for European players, along with information on what makes these the best. Our casino guide for European players has everything you need to help you make an informed choice about your gambling needs. Top online gambling sites that are regulated in Europe have grown in popularity over the past number of years. These offer residents in these countries the choice to gamble in their own currency, use the best payment options that are right for them, and play their favourite games like roulete. If you are looking for the best online casinos for European 2021 players, be sure to check out our top ten list. There are lots of great choices and we have the best in-depth reviews and ratings for all of the sites we feature.
The Best Online Casino Guide for European Players
There was a time when the majority of top online casinos were targeting North American players, but in recent years the gambling market in the European Union has opened up. There are European online casinos in Germany, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, France, and Norway, with more countries choosing to review and legalise gambling each year. The best gambling sites will deal in your local currency which means you avoid the hassle of currency conversions.
Thank you, Top 10, for helping me finally find the best casino with sports betting and live dealer games available in France! I even got a great bonus coupon!
Whenever I don't know something - I leave it in the hands of professionals. You guys gave me the best great ideas for online casinos and saved me from some shady sites! I even found my favorite top slot here after reading one of your reviews!
EU Gambling Laws
When it comes to the best European casinos, there is no one governing body. All EU countries are responsible for their own legislation, as long as it complies with the fundamental freedoms that were established under the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU). Most European countries allow some form of online gambling and some countries have their own gambling sites. A lot of countries, however, have to license systems that allow operators to offer online gambling to all European countries. If you are looking for the best top European online casinos to play at you will find that what's allowed at one can differ greatly depending on which country you live in. There are a number of online gambling jurisdictions within Europe. Each of these has an authority that is responsible for approving licenses for gambling sites so they can operate legally. These include the Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, Alderney, Gibraltar, and the Isle of Man. Whether you live in one of the leading European cities such as London, Paris, Barcelona, Berlin, Rome, Austria, or Monte Carlo, the online casino in Europe you choose to play at will need to have a license from one of these gambling commissions. Below you will find information on the different laws in different regions.
- France: In France The Pari-Mutuel Urbain regulates horse racing, the Française des Jeux is for betting games - like slots, roulette, and blackjack - and lotteries, and ARJEL regulates online gambling. Licenses are issued by ARJEL to casino operators who want to offer the best real money games, like roulette, to French residents.
- Germany: The Interstate Treaty on Gambling (ISTG) was introduced in 2012 which allows private companies to offer gambling services. This legislation was scrapped in 2013 and any online gambling establishments had their licenses expire in 2018. Online gambling is now monopolized by the German government.
- Spain: Casino operators can apply for licenses to operate in Spain subject to a number of conditions. Several casinos have licenses with the Spanish National Gaming Commission. It is legal for Spanish residents to gamble online at any best site licensed in the country.
- Italy: Italian residents have a wide range of choice when it comes to top online gambling as the laws in Italy are quite liberal. Sports betting, along with poker and casino games like roulette and blackjack, are allowed at the best top sites.
- Netherlands: The governing body in the Netherlands that oversees gambling is the Kansspelautoriteit (Ksa, Netherlands Gambling Authority). However, it is currently illegal for players from the Netherlands to gamble online. There is, however, a Draft Bill on Remote Gambling, approved by the Senate on 19 February 2019. With this bill, it will become available for European online casinos to get a license in the Netherlands and offer the best online gambling services to these players.
- Portugal: Portuguese players can enjoy all kinds of online gambling adventures - Sportsbooks and online casinos are completely legal, regulated and licensed by the government Regulatory and Inspection Services of Games and Tourism of Portugal body.
- Ireland : Because of the 2015 Betting (Amendment) Act, online gambling and casinos are legal in Ireland. However, the current political, post-Brexit situation, alongside changes in the industry, will have an effect on the country's approach towards the best online gambling. Considering that Brexit is in the works, it is fair to believe that Ireland, just like other European countries that are UK-based, will need to look to the UK Gambling Commission to obtain a new operating license in order to be able to take advantage of the UK gambling market.
- Germany: Although online gambling is illegal in Germany at the moment, it might become available as Berlin lawmakers approved gambling regulations which should be enforced from July 1, 2021. The Glücksspielneuregulierungstaatsvertrag (GlüNeuRStv) will see these games - such as roulette - as an expansion of the nationally regulated iGaming market.
- Austria: Gambling in Austria, on a federal level, is regulated by the Glücksspielgesetz - the Law of Games of Chance. While top European casinos and sports betting aren't prohibited, the Austrian government states that only Austrian-licensed casinos can offer these services.
A Full Range of Games
Players at European online casinos can enjoy a full range of popular casinos games including roulette, slots, table games, video poker, live dealer tables, and more. Below is a brief overview with tips and tricks of what you can expect to find at our top gambling sites.
How We Choose What to Feature on Our Site
In order for a top casino to make it onto our review lists, they have to go through vigorous tests. We have strict criteria that our reviewers have implemented for us to check and they are detailed below:
- European Online Casino Licensing and regulation: We make sure that the casino is licensed and regulated. The best EU casinos tend to be licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Language and Currency: We ensure that our chosen casinos come with multiple language choices and that they cater to all the top different European currencies.
- Best Deposit and Withdrawal Options: We make sure there are multiple deposit and withdrawal options available and that all the sites we review and list offer the best instant transactions and fast withdrawal times.
- Best Bonuses and Promotions: The best EU casinos offer great bonuses and regular player promotions. We look for top no deposit bonus offers, welcome packages, free spins, and ongoing loyalty offers.
- Top Game Selection: We make sure that all of the games you want to play - like roulette - are available. This includes slots, roulette, blackjack, live dealer games, and more. We also look at top casino software like NetEnt and Neteller, and their reliability.
- Fast Payouts:If you hit the jackpot, you want to be able to get your hands on your winnings in the shortest time possible. We make sure that the pending processing time for all withdrawals is less than 48 hours, and that there are no fees or holdups with payments. E-wallets often have instant payouts, but credit and debit cards can take up to three working days, and bank transfers up to seven.
- Security and Fair Gaming: When playing for real money, top security and fair gaming are paramount. We ensure that all of the best operators we mention are fair and that the RNGs are tested and audited on a regular basis. We check for encryption software to ensure player information is always safe.
Our Safety Promise
Safety is one of our top main priorities when it comes to recommending the best European online casinos to our readers. All the sites we list are licensed, regulated, and 100% safe. Our experts check everything. If you are looking for the best online casinos for European players, be sure to check out our top ten lists. You'll also find in-depth reviews and ratings for every site, so you can make an informed decision on where to spend your money. The best casinos also offer bonuses and we list all the top latest no deposit and free spins codes too so you can try things out risk-free.
As we continue to develop our site and this page in particular, we will be auditing multiple sites from EU gambling hotspots. We intend to add country-specific content for the following countries in Europe: Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Austria, Poland, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia, Croatia, Slovakia, Estonia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Moldova, Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Albania, Macedonia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, and Monaco.
Frequently Asked Top 10 Best Questions
Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions about European online casinos. If you have a question that isn't listed, be sure to get in touch and we will provide you with the answer.
It is legal to gambling online in most European countries and there are no specific laws or legislation in place that cover the continent so any restrictions will depend on the country you reside in. Some countries will insist that you play on a site regulated through their country. All the best gambling sites we review and list will accept players from almost all the countries in Europe.
Most gambling sites offer a range of currencies and you should play in your own currency if it is listed as this will prevent currency conversion fees. Popular currencies at EU casino sites that we've reviewed include the Euro, British Pounds, Dollars, Swiss Francs, Danish Krone, Swedish Krona, and Norwegian Krone.
Yes, you can use a no deposit bonus at top European online casino. A no deposit bonus is a great way to try out one of our best casino sites without risking your own money. We list and review the latest no deposit codes, free spins, and top offers so you can play real money games without having to fund your account. You can even win cash too!
When playing at any European online casino the protection of your personal and financial information is essential. All our top reviewed European online casino gambling sites use SSL encryption technology to ensure your information is kept safe and secure at all times. As well as this, all the best sites are licensed and regulated by a gambling authority and must adhere to strict guidelines in order to offer their services.
European online casinos to gamble at for real money - or which popular game to play, like roulette, blackjack, or slots - require a lot of contemplation and thought, so we recommend you read our best reviews and check out our top ratings. This will help you to make your choice. It is also essential that you ensure that there are no online gambling restrictions where you live and that all your gameplay is legal.