Stay ahead of the game! Sign up now get inside scoop on the latest bonus offers.
Paysafecard was founded in 2000, and in 2023 can be bought at more than 650,000 outlets around the world. It's a subsidiary of Paysafe Holdings UK Limited, and allows individuals to buy pre-paid cards (each with a unique 16 digit PIN) worth £10-175 which can then be spent on various internet purchases, including the best games, online gambling, and more. Mobile players can benefit from using the system's app, which is compatible with iOS and Android devices, making it one of the top 10 best options for mobile players. People can also choose to sign up for a free account with the firm, to more easily keep track of their cards. This also allows for money to be shifted into bank accounts, meaning that it can be used for withdrawals as well as deposits at Paysafecard casinos.
Reliability & Security
Disclosing personal details, whether of a bank account or card, can be off-putting for people. One of the best advantages that Paysafecard casino funding offers is the anonymity of not sharing any of this information. Because each card is pre-paid for a certain amount, that also puts a ceiling on any potential losses, both in terms of online gambling at a Paysafecard casino and of phishing attempts (NB users are advised to never pass along a PIN by e-mail or telephone to avoid the risk of this occurring). The very nature of the method means that other risks are low, and the potential exposure is similarly on the low side. The main potential risk revolves around individuals keeping their PIN(s) secure.
When signing up for an account, mobile numbers and e-mail addresses are verified. Transfers to bank accounts come with checks on personal information. In addition, the system benefits from the inherent security of cards being bought in person, and thus when paying at a Paysafecard online casino there is no banking or personal data exposure possible. For those wary of sharing info, it's one of the best top 10 funding methods.
Pros and Cons at Paysafecard Casinos
- Natural Limits - The pre-paid nature of the card means that you'll never go into the red because you have to effectively buy the card first. This is particularly good for those with a habit of losing track.
- Commonly Accepted - A great many top casinos accept Paysafecard, making it convenient for gambling online. After credit and debit cards it's one of the most common options listed.
- Details Not Shared - Although online gambling sites tend to have robust security, many people feel wary about sharing banking or card details online. One major advantage of online Paysafecard casinos is that such information is not shared so there's no risk of it being lost.
- Fast Deposits - Moving money into an online casino with Paysafecard is often instantaneous (it may take a few minutes if connections are slow).
- Widely Accessible - Players in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and dozens of other countries can access Paysafecard. Many other top systems used for online gambling have more geographical limitations.
- Mostly Deposit Only - Some Paysafecard online casinos do offer this as a withdrawal option, which requires an account, but most of the time this method is only available as a means of moving money into a casino. This means you'll likely need a second way of moving money if you want to make a withdrawal.
- Smaller Amounts - Many online casinos accept Paysafecard, but the card denominations are on the low to middling size. If you're a high roller who wants to slap down four figures then this becomes a bit more tedious as you'll need multiple cards to do so.
- Geographical Restrictions - Some of the best casinos that take Paysafecard also impose geographical restrictions on its use. Unfortunately this can mean that even though you might be able to use Paysafecard casino funding in your country, and access a given top online gambling site, the two might not fit together.
- Multi-stage Withdrawals - It can take longer to get your hands on your winnings because money has to be transferred from the online gambling site, and then from a Paysafecard casino funding account to the bank. This means that although shifting money from the betting site can be quick, the total time can be close to a week.
Bonus Offers Reviewed
The best online Paysafecard casino sites are often keen to encourage players to adopt funding methods other than Visa or Mastercard due to the card companies' relatively high processing fees. This is a good thing for players, as it means that Paysafecard casinos frequently offer the best online bonuses associated with that payment method. To find out about the specifics of promotions at a given site is easy. All you need do is visit the promotions/bonuses page and give the terms and conditions a look to see what payment methods are specifically included or excluded from particular special offers. Great bonuses can also be found listed at review type websites, which saves you the legwork of browsing numerous sites yourself and are a convenient means of finding top 10 best offers for Paysafecard casino fans.
Compilation of Alternative Casino Deposit Options
How to Deposit
Here's a detailed step-by-step guide to transferring money to a online casino with Paysafecard. Note that signing up for a free account with the firm is necessary for making withdrawals.
- Go to the online Paysafecard casino funding website and register for a 'standard' account, entering personal details including name, birth date, mobile number, address, username and password.
- Check and confirm your details.
- Verify your mobile number and e-mail to complete registration.
- Log into the online gambling site of your choice. If you don't have one, it's easy to find a great selection of top casinos.
- Select the banking/cashier page and click on Paysafecard.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and confirm.
- You may be redirected to Paysafecard. Enter your 16 digit PIN code and confirm payment.
How to Withdraw
Nothing quite beats that winning feeling, although even the best profits only really count once they're in your bank. Here's how to get them there (note that many sites offer Paysafecard casino funding as a deposit only option).
- Log into your Paysafecard casino account and head for the banking options.
- Go to withdrawals and select Paysafecard at the casino.
- Enter your MyPaysafecard e-mail address and the sum you wish to withdraw.
- Once checks are completed to ensure personal data matches, the money will be transferred to your Paysafecard account.
- Transferring money from your Paysafecard account to the bank requires an e-mail to be sent to [email protected] (information including first and last names, bank account details, and a copy of valid photographic ID). Each transfer comes with a £6 processing fee deducted from the sum transferred and may take 3-4 working days.
Paysafecard for casinos is one of the top 10 best choices geographically, as it's amongst the most commonly listed funding methods at online gambling sites. In terms of countries, it provides services to 49. These include major gambling nations such as the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. Kiwi players searching for a Paysafecard online casino can find some great sites right here. A number of South American countries, including Argentina and Brazil, are listed, and dozens of European nations likewise (Germany, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, etc). It's also available in a handful of Middle Eastern nations, but is largely absent from Asia beyond that. When it comes to the top Anglophone betting nations, the system is probably the most widely accessible to players of any major funding system except credit and debit cards.
Frequently Asked Questions for Paysafecard Casinos
Take a look at our top Paysafecard casino FAQs if you still have doubts about why this is one of the best online gambling payment methods.
- Is Paysafecard deposit only? Yes and no. At most online casinos Paysafecard can only be used to deposit money in, but some of the best sites allow you to take money out as well. Individual sites will vary but you should be able to easily check by visiting the cashier page and reviewing the best banking options.
- How fast are deposits? The Paysafe card deposits are instant, with the caveat that any online casino site can suffer from high traffic or suchlike and slow things a little. Unless something goes seriously wrong it should be a matter of moments at best, and minutes at worst.
- Do I have to pay to sign up with Paysafecard? No, currently you don't need to pay to sign up with Paysafecard for online casinos. It may take several hours to shift money to your Paysafecard account, and a few days to get it from there to your bank account. This is contingent upon your personal details matching and the transfer to your Paysafecard account going smoothly.
- Are there any sign up or hidden fees? No it doesn't cost money to sign up as the account is free to create. Although, certain small fees may apply for currency conversion or shifting money to your bank. Some sites may also apply fees to the funding method.
- When I transfer funds do I have to pay fees? Yes, you'll need to pay fees when you transfer funds. Moving money to your bank account comes with a £6 fee that's deducted from the transfer sum. Otherwise any transfer fees will be a Paysafecard online casino matter, though many don't charge any fee at all.
- Are there any limits? Yes, there are some limits for transactions. A standard account has a payout limit of £250 per transaction/month. An unlimited account comes with a transaction ceiling of £1,833.33 and an annual limit of £11,000.
- Are there any other fees? Yes, there might be other fees as well. These include fees for currency conversion, for example. In addition, the 13th month of the account comes with a £3 monthly fee, or a £5 monthly fee if no transactions have been made in the last 12 months.
- I don't see Paysafecard listed at a site. Why is this? If you don't see Paysafe card listed at a site, it means that you cannot use this payment method. Although very widespread, no method is absolutely universal. However, the vast majority of the best top online gambling sites do accept Paysafecard and you won't have any problem finding them.
- Paysafecard is listed but I can't make a deposit with it. Why? It can happen that a top casino had Paysafecard listed, and yet, you cannot deposit nor withdraw funds with it. This is because sometimes sites geographically restrict certain payment methods for various reasons. The most likely reason for this scenario is just that a particular casino doesn't accept the method from your country.
- Why is using Paysafecard better than credit or debit cards? There are many benefits of Paysafecard casino funding that make it a top choice over debit or credit cards - but in general, it is because of privacy. Better is subjective, and it depends on how you view things. Debit and credit cards are even more widely accepted, but many people feel wary about sharing banking/card details with sites, which puts them off using credit and debit cards. Paysafecard means such information doesn't have to be disclosed to online gambling sites.
Why Use Paysafecard at Online Casinos
When it comes to funding methods at online casinos, Paysafecard is easily one of the best. Not only is it available at the overwhelming majority of online gambling sites, the system is also readily accessible for most players in North America, Europe, and Australia. This gives it an edge over some e-wallets, which are not always accessible for players in particular countries. Fees are low, and processing times are between swift and average. The only major downside is that it's sometimes a deposit only option but it's nevertheless one of the top 10 best banking methods.
More Payment Methods
Visa is a great option for players because it is almost universally accepted. There are almost no online gaming sites that do not accept Visa as a payment method. If a site does not have Visa as a payment method, that should tell you what you need to know about that online gaming site. You do not want to be playing on sites that do not allow Visa. Even if you were interested in a site that does not have Visa, there are thousands of other sites out there for you to choose from, so you will not really be missing out anything significant.
When people are using Interac, it is easy to make deposits and withdrawals. This is because Interac is directly associated with your bank account. So, when you make a withdrawal with Interac, you do not need to worry about being charged multiple fees because you used a third-party site as a middle man. Instead, your funds will be sent directly to your bank account, and you will only be charged fees the one time. While some people might not love the idea of inputting their banking information on online gaming sites, it is totally safe.
Bitcoin may not be as big as other more traditional payment methods just yet, but it is certainly becoming more widely used and that will continue. Since being established in 2009, this cryptocurrency has gained exceptional momentum and popularity among people all over the world. Bitcoin is now used at many types of businesses, including online casinos that you can read about in our Top 10 reviews. Some of the benefits that make people turn to Bitcoin include fast transactions with this cryptocurrency and the anonymity that comes with it.
eCheck is available as a payment method to people all over the world. All you need to use an eCheck is a valid checking account with your bank. You will then be able to use that check to make payments on any site, including online gaming sites. There may be some restrictions in some cases, but those restrictions are not on the eCheck side of things. Instead, those restrictions will have been placed by the online gaming site itself. So, it is important that you read the terms and conditions before you commit to playing on any new online gaming site.