Best Online Casino Sites in Bulgaria 2023
There are hundreds of legal online casinos accepting Bulgarian players and it can be difficult to find the best site for your real money gaming. You have to test and try out different casinos to find the best for you and this can be very time-consuming. Luckily for you, our reviewers do all the hard work. They vet and test every casino and rate them based on strict criteria. Only the sites that pass our tests are reviewed and recommended on our page and below are some of the items our reviewers look for when creating the top 10 best casinos online for Bulgaria in 2023.
- Legally Licensed: The first thing our reviewers check is if the casino is licensed and legal and allowed to operate within Bulgaria. We check the licensing authority which can be from the UKGC or MGA.
- Security & Fair Gaming: The security of your personal and financial data is essential and our reviewers check for SSL encryption technology and security protocols. We also check for fair gaming accreditation from companies like eCOGRA.
- Excellent Customer Support: Our reviewers test and check the customer support offered. Various aspects are considered including the availability such as live chat, the response time, the support team knowledge, and whether help is available in different languages especially Bulgarian.
- Quality Software: The best Bulgarian online casinos will use the biggest software providers to ensure you have an excellent selection of games. Big names include Microgaming, Playtech, Netent, Betsoft, and Evolution Gaming. Our reviews take into account the number of games and the categories.
- Bulgarian Language Websites: Finding sites is another feature our review team looks for. We check the number of languages players can choose from to ensure the process is as easy as possible.
- Popular Banking Options: Our reviewers check the number of payment methods available and make sure that popular methods such as ePay.bg, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and even cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin which are popular in Bulgaria are included. We make sure depositing and withdrawing in Lev is important.
- Fast Payouts: Being able to get your hands on your winnings as quickly as possible is a must and our review team looks for casinos with fast payouts which include low processing times and a selection of fast withdrawal payment processors like e-wallets.
- Generous Bulgarian Lev Bonuses and Promotions: The top casinos will offer generous Lev bonuses and promotions and our reviews check for no deposit cash and free spins codes and coupons as well as generous deposit deals. We also look at the regular promos to ensure repeat players are rewarded regularly.
- Mobile and Tablet Compatibility: Gaming on the go is a popular choice for many Bulgarians and fully optimized casino websites are essential. Our review team tests every casino ensuring smooth gaming on Apple and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Best Games & Big Jackpots: The top sites will have the best games and this includes the latest slots, table games, and even live dealer titles. Our reviewers check how often new titles are added and ensure big cash jackpots are included in the lineup.
Gambling Industry in Bulgaria
Bulgaria is a small country in Europe and its capital city is Sofia. Land-based gambling and online casinos are legal and this country offers a favorable environment for operators and players. The first land-based establishment opened in 1979 and today you will find a variety of casinos in almost every city. Bulgaria claimed its independence from the Soviet Union in 1993 and five years after that the Bulgarian State Commission on Gambling Act was passed. This allowed operators to apply for licenses. Online casinos were made legal in 2008 and in 2012 the Online Gambling Law was passed. You must be 18 years or over to legally gamble and enjoy a variety of slots, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, craps, keno, bingo, sports betting, and lotteries. Bulgarians can enjoy world-class casinos such as the Finix Casino and Sofia Princess Casino as well as smaller regulated establishments across the country.
Top Choices for Bulgaria
- Sign-Up Offer 100% Bonus, Up to €1000
- Sign-Up Offer 200% Bonus, Up to €1200
Feedback and Testimonials by Bulgaria Online Casino Players
Here at Top 10 Casinos our readers are important and we value all the feedback and testimonials we receive. Our aim is to be the #1 site when it comes to casino reviews and we assure all our readers get honest reviews and accurate information. Our review team is experienced and wants to ensure our readers get the best experience whenever they play real money games. Below are some of the most recent testimonials we've received from Bulgarian readers.
The Best Real-Money Casinos Online For Players in Bulgaria
Value is essential when playing for real money and our top 10 best real money Bulgarian online casino site reviews for 2023 provide just this. You'll find all the top games and software providers as well as attractive bonus codes and coupons to boost your bankroll and help you try out new casinos with no risk. Slots tend to make up the biggest category of games but if table games like roulette and blackjack are your thing you'll find them too including the best live dealer games. The top bonuses are found at real money casinos and these can include no deposit cash and free spins so you can play free and keep your winnings. For more be sure to read our reviews on the top 10 best real money casinos for 2023.
The best real money online casinos for Bulgaria offer generous Lev bonuses including no deposit codes and free spins so you get more out of your real money gaming every time.
- Featured OfferTop Real Money Offer 100% Match Bonus Get Up To €1600 Free on your 1st Deposit
More About Our Top 10 Featured Casino
Jackpot City Casino is a great choice for Bulgarian players. It was established in 1998 and is licensed and regulated by Malta. GLI guarantees that all the games are fair and the payout percentage for this site is 93.14%. Jackpot City Casino is powered by Microgaming offering the greatest selection of table games as well as top video slots and progressive jackpots. Customer support is available 24/7 via live chat and fast withdrawals are available. New players can claim a welcome bonus worth Лв 1600 and there are plenty of regular free spins, reloads, and cashback promos. Read our Top 10 review of Jackpot City Casino to find out more.
The Gambling Laws & Regulations in Bulgaria
Both offline and online casinos are legal in Bulgaria. Companies that want to offer their services do however have to get a license from the Bulgarian State Commission on Gambling. The cost of this is around EUR 51,000 or BGN 100,000. Land-based establishments cannot be within 300 meters of a school or other educational buildings. The State Commission on Gambling previously monitored everything to ensure regulations are complied with. They were taken over by the Bulgarian National Revenue Agency (NRA) in August 2020. The NRA carries out regular quality checks on the games and ensures they meet the minimum payback percentages. For online casinos, licenses are available to Bulgarian-registered companies or companies in other EU countries. All games provided must be tested and audited for quality and fairness by companies like eCOGRA. There are no limits on the types of games so Bulgarians can enjoy slots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, poker, and more. The legal age for gambling is 18. The main currency used is the Bulgarian Lev but online casinos accept Euros and other currencies.
- Bulgarian National Revenue Agency:Online gambling laws in Bulgaria are softer than in most European countries so there are plenty of gambling sites to choose from. All operators must have a license and pay taxes. Unlicensed casinos face strict punishments and are blocked by the government. Gambling is regulated by the Bulgarian National Revenue Agency (NRA) and it is responsible for issuing and withdrawing licenses, creating blacklists, and ensuring the safety and security of all gambling within Bulgaria. All casinos must adhere to the 2014 Bulgarian Gambling Act.
- Gaming Act 2018: The Gaming Act 2018 made online gambling legal and it allowed the offering of gaming services by both land-based and online operators even those the regulation of online gambling has been in place since 2012. Operators must apply for a license and pay a state licensing fee. Licenses state the games that are allowed and the operator must allow two currencies, Euros and Bulgarian Lev. Companies can be granted a license for a term of five or ten years depending on the decision of the NRA. The NRA reviews operators and if they are not adhering to the specified conditions, the license can be terminated.
- Gambling Law 2012: The Gambling Law 2012 was introduced to provide operators with permission to apply for gaming licenses in Bulgaria. The direct advertising of online gambling is prohibited. The Gambling Law laid out the requirements for casinos in Bulgaria including licensing and taxation. The Gaming Act regulates all things related to gambling games, the procedures for issuing, renewing, and termination of licenses. Companies that are registered in Bulgaria or another EU member state can apply for a license. Legal non-profit companies can also offer casino games once they are registered under the conditions of the Non-profit Legal Entities Act. There are restrictions on slot machines in Bulgaria. You'll find lots of gaming machines in gaming arcades but the number of slot machines allowed in casinos is based on the population of the city. For cities with less than 30,000 people, only 10 slots are allowed. Casinos in cities with a population greater than 30,000 can have a minimum of 20 slots.
Did you know?
Gambling was banned in Bulgaria until the late 1970s. The first casino opened in 1979 but only tourists could enter. A number of casinos opened between 1989 and 1993 in luxury hotels but again these were only for tourists. Games of chance were legalized in 1993. This allowed residents to bet on casino games, bingo, and lotteries. This was the only law in place until 1998 when more legislation was passed to regulate gambling in Bulgaria. This legislation led to the establishment of the State Commission of Gambling under the Ministry of Finance. Online casinos were legalized in 2008 and operators could apply for licenses. In 2013 the online betting laws were amended to reduce the tax rate for operators and make applying for a license more attractive. Taxes were reduced from 15% of the turnover to 20% of the gross gaming revenue.
Bulgaria left the Soviet Union in 1993 and began its journey to regulate the gambling market. When they were part of the Soviet Union, all gambling was banned. In 1998 the State Commission on Gambling was created allowing companies to apply for a license in Bulgaria. In 2008 the process of legalizing online gambling began. Prior to this, Bulgarians could already play at online casinos but the sites were not regulated. In 2012 the Online Gambling law regulated the way Bulgaria approved online casinos and in 2013 this was amended to decrease the tax rate applied to operators who wished to secure a license and provide gaming services to Bulgarians.
In 2014 PokerStars was granted an online gaming license bringing online poker to the country. In terms of sports betting and lottery, both are legal but there is a monopoly on this. Sports betting and lottery are offered through the Sports Totalizor website and 50% of all revenues are given in the support of local sports teams. The laws are still being worked on to ensure the regulation of gambling and ensure that players are safe and protected on any online casino they choose to play at. At present, there are hundreds of online casinos available for Hungary and our top 10 reviews can help you find the one that is right for you.
Blacklisted Sites and Reviewed Casinos you should Definitely Avoid
Our reviewers know that not all sites are created equally, nor are they safe for players. Our team carefully vet every new Bulgarian online casino site that launches and only the greatest are featured in our top 10 lists. All casinos must pass our strict criteria and rank highly. If they don't, they are added to our blacklist. Blacklisted casinos can often be scams or fraudulent sites. They might have pirated games or no license. Some even have loopholes in their terms and conditions so they avoid paying out winnings. Below are some of the recent sites that have been blacklisted for various reasons. Our reviewers advise extreme caution should you choose to sign up with any of these sites in 2023.See our list of recommended casinos
- Misleading advertising
- Payment problems
- Low-quality games
- Pirated NetEnt Games
- Non-payment of winnings
- Unethical practices with affiliates
- Payout Problems
- Pirated NetEnt Games
- Unethical practices
- Payment Problems
- Poor Bonus Terms
- Confiscated Winnings
List of Blacklisted Casinos in Bulgaria
- Butlers Bingo Casino
- Lucky Gold Casino
- Lucky247 Casino
- Bingo Legacy Casino
- Casino British
- Bingo Boat Casino
- Casino Girl
- Bingo Date Casino
- Bingo Millionaire Casino
- Kulbet Casino
List of Casinos to Avoid
- Mini Mobile Casino
- Butlers Bingo Casino
- Boombet Casino
- Aunty Acid Bingo Casino
- Gone Bingo Casino
- Naughty Bingo Casino
- Buttercup Bingo Casino
- Ramses Gold Casino
- Spartan Slots Casino
Online Casino Sites Per Country
Popular Games at the Best Online Casinos For Players in Bulgaria
Games are what make an online casino site and the amount of fun you are going to have. They also determine how much money you can win. When you decide to play at Bulgarian casinos online you'll find all the greatest games including table games, slots, poker, and even bingo. Some casinos also have slot tournaments with huge cash prize pools. You'll find progressive jackpots from software providers like Netent and Microgaming. French and American roulette, blackjack, and even live casino table games are available. For slots fans, there are countless types including 3 and 5 reel slots. Megaways slots are also growing in popularity. There are themes to suit everyone and bonus features to help you win more. There are betting limits to suit all budgets and our reviews can tell you more. Many of the top 10 casino sites let you test out the games for free too using the fun play option and if you check our top 10 best no deposit casino reviews you can play for free and win real money using no deposit cash and spin offers.
Bonuses and Online Casino Promos For Bulgarian Players
When looking at a Bulgaria online casino, the welcome bonus is probably the first thing that catches your attention. Bonuses are a marketing incentive that encourage new players to register for an account. No deposit bonuses are the greatest way to test out a new site without any risk involved and if you meet the wagering requirements you can keep what you win up to a fixed amount. Deposit bonuses are usually percentage matches that will boost your bankroll and these can often double or triple your deposit. Regular players are also rewarded with great bonuses including cashback, free spins, and reloads every week. If you are looking for a new Hungarian online casino to play at in 2023 our review team recommends looking for a free bonus with no deposit to test it out.
Promoted Top 10 Bulgarian Online Casino Site Bonuses to Claim
Top 10 featured real money bonuses at the best Bulgarian online casino sites in 2023 are listed below. These are updated regularly and often include no deposit free spins and cash coupons and codes. They all have low wagering requirements so you can win real money. Generous welcome packages with free spins are also included and you can use these bonuses to play slots and table games like roulette and blackjack. Free play no deposit offers are hard to find and are only available from Microgaming casinos. They are for new players only and when you sign up for a real money account you are treated to a large credit balance and 60 minutes to play all the games. If you clear the playthrough can withdraw your winnings up to a fixed amount. All our featured bonuses have low deposit requirements and fair terms and conditions.
Bonus T&Cs and Wagering Requirements
Bulgaria online casino bonuses have terms and conditions and it is essential that you read them before claiming any offer. Our reviewers recommend checking particular elements that you must adhere to in order to cashout your winnings. If you break any of the terms and conditions you can void your bonus and anything you might have won. Below are some of the terms our team of experts pays particular attention to.
Wagering or Playthrough
Wagering requirements are a big part of bonuses and you have to clear to withdraw your winnings. The higher the wagering the longer it will take to clear. Checking this first you'll see how many times you have to bet your bonus to cashout. No deposit codes that give you free cash can have wagering of between 50x and 90x. Deposits deals will be lower. The lower the number the quicker you turn your bonus cash into real money.
Some casino offers will have limitations on the amount you can win. This is usually the case with free cash and free spins so be sure to check this. No matter how much you win you will only be able to cashout the max amount stated in the T&Cs. Anything above this will be removed from your account if you request a withdrawal.
Contribution Percentages and Allowed Games
You can't play all the games with a bonus. Free spins can be tied to a specific title or a selection of titles by a specific software provider. Free cash is usually only for slots. Be sure to check before you claim the offer especially if you prefer to play table games. As well as permitted games you have to check the game weight. This is the amount of each bet that goes towards clearing the playthrough requirement. Slots are 100% but table games can be as low as 10%. Playing games that aren't allowed will void your bonus and winnings.
This is the amount of time you have to use the bonus and meet the wagering. This can vary from one hour with a free time bonus, 24 hours with free spins, and up to 30 days with free cash and deposit offers.
Responsible Gambling at the Best Casinos Online in Bulgaria
Responsible gambling is something that is taken very seriously in 2023 and all our top 10 best Bŭlgarski casinos online reviewed and featured on this page adhere to strict responsible gambling protocols. This includes offering players the ability to set limits based on their needs. Players can set deposit limits so they can only deposit a set amount each day, week, or month. This helps to reduce losses. Limits on the amount of time you can play games is another feature, and all the sites allow you to self-exclude if you feel you are developing a problem. Responsible gambling pages also include links to helpful organizations such as the Bulgarian National Drugs, Alcohol and Gambling Helpline.
Mobile Gaming at the Top 10 Best Bulgarian Online Casinos
Gaming on the go is now the most popular way Bulgarians enjoy the latest games and our top 10 online casinos for Bulgaria in 2023 are all fully optimized or mobile and tablet users. While Android devices dominate the Bulgarian mobile gambling market, you can access everything on Apple's iOS devices too. Our team tests all sites to ensure the mobile site runs seamlessly on all devices. They also check the variety of games, the bonuses offered for mobile players, payment methods, customer support, and whether free mobile apps are available as well as the no download instant play in-browser platform. All the games adjust to the size of your screen and swipe and touch is built-in.
Best mobile online casinos for Bulgaria have the latest games with new titles added regularly. We review all the top casinos and some have apps that you can download from the Apple and Android app stores. These sites offer generous bonuses including free spins and no deposit codes and coupons and you can play in CURRENCY. All the games available on desktop are optimized for mobile including the best slots, roulette, blackjack, video poker, and even live dealers. You can enjoy everything on the go as long as you have an internet connection. Some of the top casinos even allow you to test things out with no risk by using the fun play option and demo versions of the games.
How is the Network Coverage?
To play at mobile gambling sites you need an internet connection. Most parts of Bulgaria have excellent internet speeds. The major cities and towns offer fast 4G connections on all mobile devices and mobile networks. This includes the three main mobile networks, A1, Telenor, and VIVACOM. You can visit the casino on your mobile browser using your 3G, 4G, 5G, and WiFi. If you don't want to use your data, our team of experts recommends using a WiFi connection wherever possible.
Best Bulgarian casinos online have mobile-optimized websites and even apps for Android and Apple devices. Android devices dominate the market in Bulgaria with Samsung, Huawei, and Xiaomi being the most popular smartphone brands. Apple devices are popular too so you can play on your iPhone or iPad as well. In fact, when it comes to tablets, the iPad is more popular than Samsung and Huawei tablets. If you have an older model device you will need to check the casino's website to ensure it is compatible.
Payment Methods - Deposit & Withdraw at Bulgarian Casinos Online
In order to play for real money and cashout your winnings you need to be able to deposit and withdraw funds from your casino account. Bulgarian online casino players can choose from a number of excellent payment methods including credit and debit cards like Visa and MasterCard, e-wallets like PayPay, Skrill, and Neteller, prepaid cards like Paysafecard, and even cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. E-wallets offer the fastest withdrawals often in under 24 hours and Bulgaria has its own ePay.bg e-wallet you can use. Below you will find information on the four most popular payment methods for Bulgaria and our reviews can help you find out more.
PayPal is one of the best known e-wallets and a popular choice for Bulgaria. This e-wallet can be used for deposits and withdrawals. Deposits are instant and there are no fees. Fast withdrawals up to 24 hours are also available. The best sites accept PayPal and our top 10 best PayPal casino reviews tell you everything you need to know about this safe and secure payment method.
Skrill is an e-wallet that was launched in 2001 and is a global payment method used at online casinos. Skrill can be used for deposits and withdrawals. Deposits are instant and free. Fast withdrawals are available but there can be fees charged. These are quite low but worth check. Skrill is safe and secure and our Skrill casino reviews for 2023 tells you more.
ePay.bg is only available in Bulgaria and was established in 1999. It is a popular e-wallet that an be used for depositing and withdrawing. Deposits are instant and withdrawals are fast. If you are funding your account using credit or debit cards there are fees but these are low. It is simple and easy to use ePay.bg to fund your casino account and our top 10 ePay.bg reviews explain more.
Neteller is a safe and secure e-wallet offered at many of the top online gambling sites around the world. It is licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority and can be used for deposits and withdrawals. You don't have to share your financial information and it is simple to use. There are no fees charged on deposits or withdrawals. Be sure to check out our top 10 best Bulgaria online casino sites reviews for more.
Recent Winners At Bulgaria Online Casinos in 2023
Reviewing the top 10 sites also includes looking at recent winners and making sure that players are hitting jackpots. Our team of experts looks at all the latest wins at our featured sites and there have been some big wins so far in 2023. If you'd like to be the next big winner, be sure to read our top ten reviews and claim one of the amazing bonus offers to help you get started.
FAQs About Gambling At Bulgaria Casinos Online
Now that you have the knowledge required to play the best real money games at the best Bulgarian online casino sites in 2023 the next step is to read our reviews and claim one of the generous bonuses we list. This page is updated on a regular basis as laws are amended and new sites are launched. To make sure you have all the information you need, our team has put together the top 10 most frequently asked questions on online casino gambling in Bulgaria and the answers to these are below.
- Is gambling legal in Bulgaria? Yes, it is. Both land based and online gambling can be enjoyed by residents of this country. Our top 10 best online casino site reviews can help you find the best licensed and regulated site to play at.
- Who is responsible for the regulation of gambling? All forms of gambling are regulated by the Bulgarian National Revenue Agency (NRA). This includes granting licenses, ensuring safety and security of players, and creating the countries blacklist. The NRA took over from the State Commission on Gambling in August 2020.
- Are there online casinos located in Bulgaria? Yes, there are and Bulgarians have plenty of options. There are several licensed sites and these are all regulated by the NRA. Bulgarians can also legally player at offshore casinos, which often offer bigger bonuses, and our top 10 reviews can help you find the best one for you.
- What casino games can I play in Bulgaria? The best Bŭlgarski online casinos will offer a wide range of games that can be played for fun and for real money. This includes slots, blackjack, video poker, roulette, bingo, scratch cards, keno, and specialty games. Our free game guides explain the rules of all the different games and offer advice on betting strategies and the best winning tips from our expert review team.
- Can I play for free? Yes, you can. The best online casinos for Bŭlgariya have a fun play option. This allows you to try out demo versions of the games for free. You play in demo mode with free credits and this is a great way to learn the rules and see how to hit the big wins before playing for real money. The other way to play for free is by using a no deposit cash or spins bonus. These bonuses let you play free games and win real money if you clear the wagering requirements and our top 10 best no deposit bonus casino reviews are a great place to start.
- What is the average payout for the casino games? All games have their own payout percentage often called Return to Player (RTP) and this can be found on the payout table. It can vary and the higher the RTP percentage the more you are guaranteed to win over a period of time. The NRA requires that all licensed online casinos in Bulgaria have a payout percentage of 80% or higher.
- Do I have to pay taxes on my winnings? No. Players do not have to pay taxes on their casino winnings so you can win as much as you like without having to worry. Operators on the other hand, have to pay taxes on their gross profits to the government.
- Is it really safe to play online? Yes, it is. All the sites reviewed and featured on our site have been fully vetted and only licensed and regulated sites are included. Licensed sites adhere to strict safety guidelines and offshore sites accepting Bulgarian players licensed and regulated in other EU jurisdictions such as the UK or Malta also adhere to very high standards.
- Can I play in BGN? Yes, you can. All the best sites will offer a number of currencies such as EUR, GBP, USD, and BGN. Choosing BGN is the best option as there are no currency exchange fees. Our top ten reviewed sites all allow you to play in BGN.
- What casino bonuses can I expect to find in Bulgaria? There are a wide variety of bonuses available for both new and existing Bulgarian players. This includes no deposit coupons and vouchers, free spins, and generous welcome packages for new players. You'll find the best of these listed on our site. Regular players can expect to find cashback, reloads, free spins, and VIP/Loyalty rewards. Again, these are all reviewed on our site and are a great way to boost your bankroll and enjoy additional free gaming time.