Stay ahead of the game! Sign up now get inside scoop on the latest bonus offers.
Interac dates back to 1984 when five financial institutions worked co-operatively to create the Interaction Association. Over the years since, the number of member organisations has increased to more than 80, with close to 60,000 ATMs throughout Canada. Interac Association was created as a non-profit organisation, and in 1996 Acxsys Corporation was founded on a for-profit basis. Acxsys offered Interac branded services, including e-transfers, and in 2018 the two were unified as Interac Corp. Although with a particularly strong history and presence in Canada, some of the best Interac services may be accessible in the USA from merchants on the NYCE network. In 2023, it's one of the top 10 best banking methods with Canadians using Interac services more than 16 million times a day. This includes using the firm for funding gambling at online casinos.
Reliability & Security
In addition to being one of the best funding methods for gambling at online casinos, Interac also provides 'real world' services such as debit cards. Interac Direct Payment (IDP) offers security beyond traditional signature or card payments because verification and encryption occurs at a central server rather than such data being stored on the actual card. When it comes to online matters, including casinos, Interac permits people to use their bank account funds to buy goods and services over the internet. Four of the five top banks in Canada use this system, and it's widely accepted by businesses and other institutions (including universities). Because no personal information is ever given to a merchant this means said information cannot be lost if the transaction or the merchant suffers compromised security. When making payments, security codes will be e-mailed for confirmation and, on top of this, mobile payments come with both passcodes and biometrics to ensure any movement of money is genuine.
Pros and Cons at Interac Casinos
- No Sign-up Required - Because all major Canadian banks support Interac, a top online casino that offers the option for bank transfers will automatically use it via your bank account. All you need do is use your online bank account rather than have to set up a specific Interac account.
- Faster Transfers - Times can vary, but usually transfers of cash happen very quickly when using Interac casino funding, often under a minute. Longer times may occur due to hardware issues, slow processing, or connection problems.
- Never Go Into The Red - When using Interac as a casino funding method the money is moved out of/into your bank account. This means you can't go into debt because payments only go through if you have sufficient funds. This is particularly considered best when compared to using credit cards, which can come with hefty interest rates attached.
- Security - Because personal information isn't shared with the casino, using Interac means said information can't be lost or exposed if the worst should happen.
- Deposits and Withdrawals - Some of the top payment options only allow for online deposits or withdrawals, but Interac may provide both, meaning you don't need to faff about with multiple systems (this may vary from casino to casino, with some only offering a single option).
- Low Fees - Small fees may be charged upon deposit by online casinos recouping the Interac fees they pay. At the other end, withdrawals may come with a small fee attached as well. However these are flat rather than percentages so any additional cost is minimal.
- Not Ubiquitous - Although Interac is very popular in Canada, it is not offered as a top option at every online casino. Some other top methods are more commonly available, including debit/credit cards and a range of e-wallets.
- Geographically Restricted - Interac for casinos is largely used in Canada, and widely used in day to day life, but its operations overseas are more limited. Players who are not Canadian are unlikely to be able to use it even if a casino lists Interac as an option.
- Frequent Fees - Each time a transfer is made you'll receive a text/e-mail and have a small flat fee. Even the best players who use small stakes should avoid a large number of small transactions as the low fees can nevertheless mount up.
Bonus Offers Reviewed
The best online gambling sites are keen to both entice new players and make use of funding methods that come with lower associated costs. Whilst some credit card providers are commonplace, they come with processing fees. This means Canadian players can benefit from Interac casinos as top bonuses are put in place to encourage the use of Interac as a banking method. Luckily, bonuses are amongst the easiest things to find when gambling online (after all, casinos want players to notice them). Just visit either a best top 10 bonuses list or a given casino and check the promotions/bonuses page, being sure to read the terms and conditions to confirm that Interac casino funding is accepted for the bonus(es) that you like.
Additional Methods for Deposits & Withdrawals
How to Deposit
When it comes to online gambling, Interac casinos are incredibly convenient because you won't even have to set up an Interac account (as the system is supported by so many of the top 10 best Canadian financial institutions).
- Log into your online bank account and select Interac.
- Enter any necessary details, and use any confirmatory e-mail to complete the process of linking your bank account to Interac.
- Find a top rated casino that appeals to you. Online gambling is a competitive business, so keep your eyes peeled for the best bonus deals (or you can just check out the best top 10 Canadian list).
- Go to the cashier part of the site (it might be called payment options or something similar). Check that Interac for casinos is an available option.
- Select Interac in the cashier section, and choose how much money you want to put into the online casino (be aware that this is taken from your bank account so if you have insufficient funds the specified amount won't be deposited). Enter the requested details.
- Check your e-mail for the security code/question to confirm the online payment request is genuine, and complete it.
How to Withdraw
If Lady Luck has smiled on you and you've finished ahead, then you get to the best part of casino en ligne gambling: withdrawing your winnings. An Interac casino option is capable of both moving money into and out of an online gambling account, although some Interac casinos will only offer one or the other service so do check beforehand.
- Sign in to your online casino and visit the cashier section. After deciding how much you want to withdraw, click the top Interac option and enter any necessary details.
- Be patient. Whilst deposits are very rapid, withdrawals can take a bit longer (worst case scenario might be a few days, but it could be a couple of hours, depending on the casino).
- Interac will send you an e-mail or text notification that money has been transferred to you. This will include both the sum and a link to deposit your transfer to your bank account. Clicking the link may lead to answering a security question. (Note that Interac does have an Auto-deposit feature that allows money to be placed directly into your account without any security answer or question needed).
Without a doubt, Interac casinos are pretty much a Canadian affair. The top payment system is widespread throughout Canada, making it one of the top 10 best methods of personal finance and eminently convenient for fans of online gambling based there, but is less commonly accessible outside the country. If you're from elsewhere but live in Canada and have a bank account based there then you may be fine, and Canadian migrants who still have accounts in their home country may similarly be able to use Interac for casinos, but otherwise, it's pretty limited. Overseas online casinos may offer Interac as a payment option, but from a player perspective, it's pretty much Canada only. The upside is that the system is integrated with the vast majority of financial institutions, making it readily accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions for Interac Casinos
If you are interested in finding the best Interac casinos online and using it as an etransfer or virement Interac payment method to keep you playing, please read the top FAQs below.
- How much are the fees associated with Interac? The fees associated with Interac casinos can vary. Whilst the system does come with some fees, these are extremely low, perhaps around a dollar (it can vary from one financial institution to the next). And, because the fees are flat, you don't pay more whether you're shifting $5 or $1,000.
- The fees seem to be higher than this. Why? If the fees seem to be higher than this, it is because sometimes casinos seek to make money back from players by either passing on fees or other associated costs. If there seems to be a high fee, this is likely an online casino rather than Interac or bank issue and can be solved easily enough by shopping around for a better casino. There's no shortage of top sites where you can play, and no need to put up with being fleeced.
- Do I need to set up an Interac account? No, you don't need to get set up for an Interac casino funding account. In the same way current bank accounts might give an individual a related Visa card, Canadian financial institutions are strongly integrated with Interac. This enables individuals to use the payment system via their bank account without needing to set up a specific Interac casino account.
- How fast can I deposit cash? Deposits are usually very fast indeed, under a minute. They may occasionally take a few minutes depending on things like internet speeds and processing time.
- What about withdrawals? Withdrawals usually take a little longer, ranging from a few hours to a few days. This longer time is mostly due to how efficient an online casino is.
- Are my details safe? Yes, with Interac all your details are safe. One of the biggest advantages of Interac casino funding is that it combines the convenience of bank transfers with the absence of shared details. Because this information isn't passed along, the system rates well when it comes to security.
- I'm not Canadian. Can I use Interac? No, if you aren't Canadian you cannot use Interac. However, if you have a Canadian bank account then it's possible but obviously the vast majority of people in that situation are from the country in the first place.
- If Interac's a good system, why isn't it available for online gambling more widely? Interac for casinos, although one of the best options, isn't available widely for online gambling due to the geographical restriction. The more players can use a system, the more appealing it is for a casino.
- Are Interac casinos safe? Yes, Interac casinos are safe in general. A good tip is to check any online gambling site you're unsure about to see what its licensing arrangement is, and whether it's affiliated with trusted third party auditors and dispute organisations, such as eCOGRA. (For the record, licences from the United Kingdom, Malta, and Gibraltar are the most respected on the international stage).
- The casino offers Interac for deposits but not withdrawals; is this a bad sign? No, it isn't a bad sign if you can deposit and not withdraw money with Interac at casinos. Even the top online casinos sometimes have options available only for deposits or withdrawals, but not both, and in itself this does not indicate anything nefarious.
Why Use Interac at Online Casinos
Convenient, fast, and secure, Interac for casinos doesn't even require the creation of an account to be used as a banking method at a top casino. Interac avoids the intermediary steps associated with e-wallets which is why it is considered one of the best online payment options, but has the benefit of not sharing personal banking details with online gambling sites.
More Payment Methods
More and more people are turning to Skrill as their Top 10 payment method because of the advantages that come with it. Perhaps the biggest benefit for Skrill users is the convenience that it affords them. Another great benefit that comes with this eWallet, especially when you use it for online casinos, is that transactions are exceptionally fast. Skrill is not new, having been founded in 2001 in the UK, it has gained momentum throughout the years and is now accepted at a high number of establishments, making life much easier for those who prefer it to other options.
Setting up a Neteller account is easy and the reasons for doing so are even easier to understand. A Neteller account can be used at Top 10 Gambling sites and at other types of businesses with ease. Neteller allows users to access the service with more than 26 major currencies for convenience. Plus, instant deposits are guaranteed with this payment service. Once you consider all of these benefits and the low fees that Neteller offers users, it becomes abundantly clear that it should be your first choice when looking for a safe and fast payment method to use.
When you decide to use Paysafecard at Top 10 online casinos, you get to enjoy a lot of advantages that definitely have to be considered. When dealing with online payments security should always be a top concern; you should know that Paysafecard has plenty of security measures in place and that means that you can use it with complete peace of mind. People have been turning to Paysafecard as an online payment method since 2000 with more and more users getting to enjoy the benefits that it offers. Plus, Paysafecard is very easy to start using, unlike other options which can be complicated.
Choosing to use PayPal at Top 10 online casinos comes with a lot of advantages that simply cannot be ignored. If security is one of your main concerns, you should know that PayPal has many security measures in place such as the fact that users do not have to input any financial information at sites when using it. People have been turning to PayPal as an online payment method since 1998 with more and more realizing that it is an ideal solution. Plus, PayPal is very easy to set up and start using, unlike other options which can be complicated and frustrating.