International Game Technology - $4.78 Billion
- Headquarters: London, England
- Number of Employees: 11,922
- Founded: 1990
The Biggest Gambling Company
International Game Technology (IGT) takes the stop spot in our 2021 top 10 best list reporting a massive $4.78 billion for 2019 which is up from their total revenue from both 2018 and 2017. The company provides gaming technology products and services which includes lottery products both online and offline, sports betting, online slots. The company was originally founded by William Red. It was then sold to Gtech and today has almost 12,000 people employed and holds more than 450 global gaming licenses. The company headquarters are in London, England. IGT slots are popular and their best online gambling titles list includes virtual horse racing, poker, and casino table games. As a software provider IGT casinos are a popular choice and some of the biggest gambling casinos using the company in 2021 include PartyCasino, Casumo, and Mr Green. Institutional investors hold 40.72% of the shares in this company with BlackRock Fund Advisors holding the largest at 3.86%.
Entain PLC - €3.65 Billion
- Headquarters: Douglas, Isle of Man
- Number of Employees: 30,000
- Founded: 2004
A Gambling Company with some of the Best UK Brands
Entain PLC, #2 on our best list, has headquarters in the Isle of Man and reported revenues of £3.65b in 2019, an increase on reported revenues from 2018. It is a sports betting and gaming company operating in the B2C and B2B markets. It operates some of the best UK brands including Cheeky Bingo, Foxy Casino, Partypoker, PartyCasino, Gala Bingo, Gala Casino, Foxy Bingo, CasinoClub, and Betboo. It also operates Bwin Casino and offers sports betting through Sportingbet. It also obtained ownership of other top gambling companies in the UK including Ladbrokes and Coral. The company has rebranded to Entain and is licensed and operates in more than 20 countries around the world including the best Ladbrokes sites for Australia and Belgium. The best USA brands listed are BetMGM and Borgata. The biggest shareholder listed for this gambling company is Capital Research & Management Co. with 10.4%.
Bet365 - £2.98 Billion
- Headquarters: Stoke-on-Trent, England
- Number of Employees: 5,000
- Founded: 2000
Best Gambling Company for Britons
Number 3 in our best list, Bet365 was founded in 2000 by Denise Coates. Her father Peter owned several betting shops in Stoke, England and she made them into the online sports and casino betting brand Bet365 has become today. Revenue for 2019 was £2.98 which was up from £2.86 in 2018. Bet365 is one of the best listed and biggest gambling establishments in the UK and the headquarters are in Stoke-on-Trent in the UK. The company is owned by the Coates family with Denise Coates holding a 50.01% share. The company also has a stadium and employs over 5,000 people. Bet365 also sponsors a number of the best La Liga football teams and Stokes City football team. At number 3 on our top 10 list of the biggest and best gambling companies for 2021, Bet365 has customers around the world including Canada and Australia.
Scientific Games - $3.63 Billion
- Headquarters: Las Vegas, USA
- Number of Employees: 6,000
- Founded: 1917
Gambling Company With The Longest History
In at number 4 on our best 2021 list is Scientific Games. It was founded way back in 1917 and has headquarters in Las Vegas, Nevada. It provides several gambling products and services including lottery, slots, table games, iGaming, instant lottery terminals, gambling terminals, and more. Social gaming and sports betting are also among their products. The revenues earned for 2019 were $3.63b up from $3.36b in 2018. This top 10 US gambling company has the biggest range of products and the list includes UK sports betting platform OpenBet. The company was originally called Autotote and was owned by John Koza and Daniel Bower. Their several branches employ up to 6,000 people. Institutional Investors hold 61.31% of the shares for this company with Caledonia (Private) Investments holding 9.86%. Scientific Games products can be found at a number of the best online casino in 2021 including Slots Million, Kaboo, and Leo Vegas casino all of which have been reviewed by Top 10 Casinos.
Flutter Entertainment - £2.14 Billion
- Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
- Number of Employees: 13,000
- Founded: 2019
A Global Gambling Company
Flutter Entertainment was formerly Paddy Power Betfair PLC and constant feature in the biggest gambling company lists for the past number of years. It was formed after a merger between Paddy Power and Betfair and The Stars Group. The headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland and the CEO is Peter Jackson. Revenues for 2019 were £2.19b up from £1.87b in 2018. The company's brands include Paddy Power, Betfair, FanDuel (a daily fantasy site with sportsbooks in 7 US states), Fox Bet online and mobile sports book which is partnered with US Fox Sports, Sportbet which is an Australian online sports betting site, TVG which broadcasts live US horseracing, Adjarabet which provides gaming and sports betting for the Georgian markets, PokerStars including casino, poker, and sports betting, Full Tilt poker rooms, Sky Betting and Gaming which offer casino, bingo, poker, and sports betting, BetEasy which is an online sports betting site for Australia, and Oddschecker. The rebrand to Flutter Entertainment was announced in 2019. The newly rebranded company has separate brands in the UK, Ireland, and Italy and offers its products and services to Australia and the United States as well. They have over 600 betting shops in the UK and Ireland. The company employees more than 13,000 people and the majority shareholder is Capital Research and Management Company with 18%.
The Stars Group - $2.53 Billion
- Headquarters: Toronto, Canada
- Number of Employees: 4,500
- Founded: 2001
Best Gambling Company in Canada
Founded in 2001 and originally called Amaya Incorporation, The Stars Group is in Toronto, Canada, and listed at number 6 on the top 10 best and biggest gambling companies for 2021. Revenues for 2019 are listed at $2.53b which is up from $2.2b in 2018. The company offers online and mobile gaming as well as interactive entertainment. This includes poker, casino gaming, and sports betting. They acquired some of the best betting companies over the years including Bet Easy and Crown Bet. Some of their big brands include PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, and Full Tilt Poker. The company was acquired by Paddy Power Betfair and in April 2021 shareholders approved the proposal to combine the business with Flutter Entertainment. Sports betting is offered through its Stars Interactive subsidiary.
Playtech PLC - €1.5 Billion
- Headquarters: Douglas, Isle of Man
- Number of Employees: 5,900
- Founded: 1999
One of the Best iGaming Gambling Company
Playtech is one of best and biggest software developers for gambling companies and well recognized in the online casino industry. The company has its headquarters in the Isle of Man and supplies online gambling and gaming software. This includes online casino games, poker, bingo, mobile, live dealer games, and land-based slots and fixed odds games. Revenues for 2019 were reported at £1.5b up from £1.24b in 2018. Institutional investors own more than 50% of the company. T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. is the largest shareholder with 10% of the share. As an online casino software provider our top 10 number 7 biggest gambling company enjoys success at many big brand casinos in 2021 including Mr Green, Omni Casino, and King Billy casino which is reviewed by our top 10 experts.
Kindred Group PLC - £0.91 Billion
- Headquarters: Malta
- Number of Employees: 1,400
- Founded: 1997
One of the Best European Gambling Companies
Kindred Group PLC was founded in 1997 by Anders Storm, and is located in Malta. There are operations in other European countries too including France, Belgium, Denmark, and Gibraltar. It was formerly known as Unibet Group PLC and is a provider of online gambling products including poker, casino games, online bingo, and sports betting. Kindred Group is one of the biggest online gambling companies providing the best services to the European market. The company revenues for 2019 were £0.91b up from £907 million in 2018 and in 2019 they were licensed in Sweden. Kindred Group PLC has also applied for a license in New Jersey to expand into the US markets. Some of the companies best known brands include UniBet, 32Red, and Stan James. The company employs more than 1,400 people and Unibet is one of its biggest brands with over 15 million customers. The largest shareholder for this company is Capital Group Companies with 4.6%.
DraftKings - $0.64 Billion
- Headquarters: Boston, USA
- Number of Employees: 869
- Founded: 2012
Gambling Company on the Rise in North America
DraftKings is a popular name in the international betting world, and over the last few years have managed to grab a substantial part of the north American sports betting market. They have entered in a number of partnerships which has allowed the company to flourish, which include the MLB, NFL, UFC, NASCAR, ESPN and Bleacher Report - to name a few. With less than 1000 employees, we can only assume this will become one of the biggest betting companies in the years to follow. In 2019 they had a net revenue of $323 million, which was a 43% increase over 2018. 2020 was substantially better at $644 million.
888 Holdings PLC - $0.56 Billion
- Headquarters: Europort, Gibraltar
- Number of Employees: 1,350
- Founded: 1997
A Well-Rounded Top 10 Listed Gambling Company
888 Holdings was founded in 1997 and has its headquarters in Europort, Gibraltar. It was originally known as Virtual Holdings PLC but rebranded in 2002 and was founded by Avi Shaked, Aaron Shaked, Shay Ben-Yitzhak and Ron Bet-Yitzhak. It was also originally located in the US until online gambling was banned in 2006. This gambling company's biggest brand is 888.com which is one of the best in the online gambling industry. 888 Holdings reported revenues of $0.56b in 2019 up from $0.54b in 2018. The company provides innovative online gambling products including casino games and poker and has several subsidiaries such as Cassava Enterprises and Dragonfish. The biggest gambling brands from this company include 888 Sport, 888 poker, and 888 casino. The largest company shareholder is Dalia Shaked with 23%.
- How much has the largest gambling company sold for? The biggest gambling company to be sold to date is The Stars Group which sold for £10b in a new deal.
- What was the largest acquisition? The largest acquisition is listed as the one between Flutter Entertainment and The Stars Group. The Stars Group owns Sky Bet and Flutter Entertainment which owns Paddy Power and Betfair is to buy it in a £10 billion deal which once completed will create the world's biggest and best online gambling company by revenue.
- What is the oldest running sports betting company? The oldest running company listed is Ladbrokes founded in 1902 with headquarters in London. It offers betting on over 35 of the best sports. It's not the biggest gambling company but it is a recognized name in the UK. It also offers an online sports book, but started out in 1902 opening a number of betting shops in London. Over the years it merged with other companies, formed partnerships and is now owned by Entain PLC number 2 on our top 10 best list of biggest gambling companies for 2021.
- Which gambling company offers the best maximum payouts? Betting sites and online casinos have maximum payouts listed and the best sites for 2021 are reviewed here on Top 10 casinos. The highest payouts in 2021 at betting sites show Bet365 offering the best maximum payout at £2,000,000 followed by William Hill at the same amount. At number 3 on the best list is Ladbrokes with a maximum payout of £1,000,000. Paddy Power, Betfair, Betfred, and Coral all have the same maximum payout as Ladbrokes.
- Which gambling company has paid the biggest fine? The biggest fine for a gambling company came in March 2020 when Betway had to pay an £11.6 million UK fine for failing to prevent money laundering. It was listed that they accepted stolen money from some of their VIP customers. The UK Gambling Commission stated that their investigation found Betway had allowed £5.8 million to flow through the company and there were seven customers involved in the money laundering problem. This £11.6 fine takes over the top spot on the list for the biggest gambling fine a company has paid. 888 Casino was fined £7.8m in 2017.
- What is the best or biggest ever sports betting win? The best or biggest sports betting win listed was an $85,000 bet placed on Tiger Woods to win the 2019 Masters. The bet was placed at William Hill sportsbook and the odds were 14/1. The $85,000 bet paid off and the lucky winner took home around $1.2 million which broke William Hill's best record for the biggest future bet paid out. The winner known as Adducci claimed it was his first ever sports bet.
- What's the best and most spectacular online gambling wins ever? There have been some amazing wins at some of the biggest and best gambling companies. Mick Gibbs tops the list with his £0.30 bet that won £500,000. The 30p bet was placed on a 15-leg accumulator with odds listed at 1,666,666/1 on the Champions League. Gibbs predicted the first 14 games and it all came down to the final game between Bayern Munich and Valencia which ended in a penalty shootout. Lucky for Gibbs Bayern Munich's goalkeeper did his job and Gibbs walked away £500,000 richer. Another of the best winners on the list is Jon Haywood a 25-year-old British soldier who won $24 million from a $0.25 bet at Betway online casino. A complete beginner, he wasn't paying attention to the progressive jackpot slot, and was shocked to discover he'd won $24 million. Progressive slots are some of the best and most popular slots listed for 2021 and our top 10 best real money online casino site list is the best place to start if you want to play with the best bonuses for 2021.
- What is the most bizarre winning bet ever placed? The most bizarre winning bet listed was placed in 1989 by a Welshman who bet £30 on five things that would be the same by the year 2000. He bet that TV shows Home and Away, Neighbours, and EastEnders would still be running, that Cliff Richard would receive a knighthood, and that U2 would still be performing together. The odds of this bizarre bet were listed at Labrokes for 6,479/1. After waiting 11 years, the Welshman collected £194,400.
- What are the best gambling companies to watch in 2021? Coronavirus caused a lot of problems in 2020 with lockdowns hitting many European countries including the UK. The USA and Canada were also affected, and lockdowns were reported in Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. This was a huge financial blow for many of the gambling companies on our biggest and best top 10 list. Sporting events were cancelled and land-based casinos were forced to close. It did however open the door for online casinos to fill the void and those missing sports looked to sites listing daily fantasy sports. Because of this, there has been an increased focus on gambling companies like DraftKings. Flutter Entertainment is also going to be one to watch in 2021 and although it has featured in the top 10 best and biggest gambling company lists for many years, it will be interesting to see what the latest rebrand and acquisition brings after 2021 is finally over.
- Has Covid-19 had an effect on gambling companies? Yes. Covid-19 has had a ripple effect on the gambling industry. Professional sports were cancelled or postponed, and land-based casinos were closed. Social distancing has meant most people are at home and unemployment has soared around the world. The best online casino websites have thrived in 2020 and 2021, but land-based casinos and their gambling companies suffered the biggest losses because of social distancing and travel bans. Staying at home has become the new normal for 2021 and online gambling provides the best safety. Players can go online and spin the reels on the best slots, play table games, and take part in online poker tournaments. This means the gambling companies in our biggest revenue list for 2021 operating the best online casinos and poker rooms should be okay. Those in the list that focus on sports betting will feel the sting of coronavirus. Without live sporting events to bet on, fans looked for alternatives and the list included eSports tournaments like FIFA 2021 and NBA 2K20. For the moment, online casinos are dealing quite well with Covid-19 and if online gambling is something you'd like to try be sure to check out our top 10 best online gambling site review lists for 2021. If you are looking for country specific sites we list the top 10 best UK, USA, Europe, International, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand reviews.
After reading through our Top10Casinos.com list of biggest companies you can see gambling is still very relevant in 2021, especially online and one of the things that set the top 10 best apart from each other is their ambition and growth. Mergers and acquisitions continued to happen in 2020 as some of the biggest players continued to grow. To remain on the top 10 best list after 2021 these companies have to continue to give customers what they want. This 2021 list shows the value of the best gambling companies and how lucrative the gambling industry is.