Top 10 Best UK Online Casino Sites
The UK online casino market is one of the most competitive, yet tightly regulated, internet gambling markets in the world. There are literally hundreds of active UK online casinos in 2020 so the thought of finding the right one may be daunting, but with proper guidance, the mission can be rewarding.
Our expert team is aware of the latest regulations and compliance requirements which has helped Top 10 Casinos become a leading guide to gambling sites in the United Kingdom. We pride ourselves on our updated list of the top ten best sites by consistently reviewing the most popular brands and adjusting our reviews and ratings with each development. All of the online casinos listed here are 100% safe, licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, audited by reputable organizations like eCogra and iTech Labs, and have been thoroughly tested by us to ensure our visitors have the best gaming experience possible. You can expect the top bonus offers, stunning casino game graphics, classic British pub fruities, professional live dealers, and exceptionally fast payouts from the Top 10 UK online casinos listed below.
How We Evaluated The Best Online Gambling Sites UK Listed Above
We've looked far and wide to bring you the top 10 UK casinos to choose from. What you'll find at these 10 casinos is a balance between great bonuses and even greater games, coupled with exemplary customer care to make players from the UK feel at home. Each one of these casinos is even more exciting than the next and is guaranteed to provide you with many hours of entertainment.
- Legally Licensed By UK Gambling Commission: We only accept casinos that have been approved and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. A licensed online gambling site ensures player safety and security.
- Audited & Approved eCOGRA Casino Seal: As well as being licensed and regulated, fair gaming is also a must. We look at sites that are evaluated by third parties such as eCOGRA. This ensures that the casino adheres to legislation and eCOGRA makes the RTP percentages for all the games available publically so you know the games are fair.
- Wide Selection of Casino Games & Software: A large variety of games is a must and we check the number of games, types of games, and the software provider to ensure that players have the best experience possible.
- Outstanding GBP Welcome Bonus: A generous casino signup bonus is a must and we look for no deposit bonus offers, free spins, welcome packages, and more. We check the wagering requirements to make sure they are fair as well as the game contribution percentages. If a sign-up bonus looks too good to be true, it usually is and there are hidden terms & conditions to catch new players out. Our top ten list ensures this doesn't happen to you.
- Rewarding Loyalty & VIP Rewards: Returning players need to feel valued too and we look at loyalty programs and VIP rewards benefits. We look at the loyalty points rewards and how much you have to wager to get them. We look at the VIP benefits to make sure they are worthwhile too and how easy it is to climb the levels of any VIP program.
- Desktop, Tablet & Mobile Casino Compatibility: Being able to play on all devices is a must in today's online gambling industry and we check for the quality of mobile apps, mobile instant play options, and more. We try out the software on all devices including PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets, to ensure smooth gameplay and compatibility as well as ease of use.
- UK Gambling Awards & Accolades : We take note of any awards or accolades the casino has won. We look at the awards the software provider has won too. When we rate sites, we also consider how some of the top brands perform at the leading awards ceremonies including the Global Gaming Awards and the International Gaming Awards.
- Positive Feedback Among British Players: Our expert team read forums and player reviews and take note of what British players are actually saying.
- Knowledgeable & Prompt Customer Service: We test the customer service. We use the live chat, read the frequently asked questions, and send emails. We rate the casino based on the knowledge and their customer service team. We want friendly, helpful staff who are willing to answer our questions. We also record the time it takes for email responses.
- Big Jackpots & Fast Payouts: All our top 10 UK online casinos must provide a good number of deposit options including PayPal, Neteller and Skrill. We also only recommend sites that have proven track records when it comes to fast payouts. We also look for big jackpots because after all, who doesn't want to win big when playing casino games.
Most Popular Types of the Best-Rated UK Casino Sites for 2020
There are many different types of UK online casinos but what they all have in common is the ability to provide players with exciting opportunities to win. We've looked at what exactly makes each different type of UK online casino great and trust that our visitors will find a casino that suits their needs. Please contact us if you want more information about the UK casino listed on this page and/or if you have a casino experience that you wish to share with fellow UK players.
Premium Live Dealer Casinos
Online casinos with live dealers are the closest UK players will get to a land-based casino without having to travel hundreds of miles. If you are looking for the Vegas experience then live dealer casinos are just the thing. You get all the excitement and thrills without having to leave the comfort of your living room. Real live dealers play the games with you and you watch all the action as it is streamed live to your computer or mobile device. You can even interact with the dealer and the other players at your table. You can enjoy live blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and more. Many of the live games are streamed directly from big-name establishments too. If you want live action, be sure to check out our section of UK live dealer casinos.
First-Rate Real Money Casinos
"The best UK Online Casinos are licensed and regulated with great bonus offers and huge jackpots that you can not only win, but get paid promptly with fast cash-outs!" Real money casinos allow you to play all your favourite games and win real cash prizes. There are hundreds to choose from and our top 10 best gambling sites lists will help you to choose the right one for your gaming needs. There are download and no download instant play real money casinos as well as free mobile apps. They offer all your favourite games including the latest video slots, progressive jackpots, table games, tournaments, and more. Check out our list of top UK casinos for more information.
Casinos with No Deposit Bonuses
The no deposit bonus is the most sought after casino signup bonus and we have a special section dedicated to no deposit casinos for UK players too. The no deposit bonus allows you to test out a new gambling site risk-free. The casino will give you free money for registering for a real player account and you can then use this to try out the games and win real money too. The no deposit bonus can come in the form of free cash, free spins on slot machines, or a free time bonus that will give you an hour to play as many games as you like and win as much as you can. Check out our list of no deposit casinos for more information.
PayPal Casino Sites
UK's best online casino sites offer the most popular internet payment method in the Western world. If you want to use your PayPal account to make deposits and withdrawals at online casinos, the you're in luck. There are lots of great UK casino sites that accept PayPal and we have a special section dedicated to these, too. Make instant deposits with ease using the UK's favourite and trusted payment provider and withdraw your winnings too.
Mobile-Compatible Online Casinos
If gaming on the go is more your style. There are some excellent mobile-compatible online casinos too. UK players love to betting on the go and with a mobile casino, you can play anytime and anywhere once you have an internet connect. Say goodbye to long boring commutes or tiresome waits in the doctor's office. With mobile casinos, you can spin the reels, or play blackjack and win cash no matter where you are. You can play on iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone or tablet, and Windows phones too.
More About The British Gambling Laws & Regulations That Affect You
Online casino betting in the UK has become hugely popular thanks to the advances made in gambling laws such as the Gambling Act of 2005, which ensures safe and fair gaming for players from the UK. Operators of UK online casinos are well regulated and are required to comply with the most stringent laws. For example, no persons under the age of 18 are permitted to gamble online. Casino operators are also required to adhere to new self-exclusion laws and new rules for wording used when advertising casino promotions such as 'free bets'. Of course, the purpose of these UK gambling laws are to protect players, so we'll continue to update these sections to make sure that our UK visitors are well informed when looking for a new casino.
Gambling Act 2005
The Gambling Act 2005 was introduced in Britain to provide player protection within the region. According to the act, UK online casino operators are required to, amongst other things, hold a valid license in order to offer games of chance to UK casino customers. In the opening text of the Gambling Act, one of the primary objectives is to ensure that betting is conducted in a safe and fair manner. It also ensures the protection of minors by prohibiting casino operators from accepting customers under the age of 18. As part of the act, operators are required to undergo regular audits by independent auditors to ensure their financial stability and fairness. These reports are often displayed for customers to review.
Role and Responsibilities of the UK Gambling Commission
The Gambling Commission was established as a direct result of the Gambling Act 2005. It is responsible for the regulation of online and land-based gambling, lottery, and bingo in the UK. In short, the objective of the Gambling Commission is to ensure that all forms of wagering are provided in a safe and fair manner while protecting customers from irresponsible and/or illegal operations.
Another important responsibility of the UK Gambling Commission is to evaluate potential operators, dispense licenses, and uphold the laws of the Gambling Act. Fortunately, there exists a clear framework by which the Gambling Commission operates, thus ensuring that both operators and their customers are engaging in betting services in a fair and legal manner.
When it comes to obtaining UK gambling licenses, only companies whose casino operators are based in the UK are eligible to obtain licenses. However, the UK Gambling Commission has a whitelist of jurisdictions where betting is permitted. Operators from these jurisdictions, such as Malta and Gibraltar, are permitted to obtain gambling licenses and provide games of chance to UK customers. Such operators are required to adhere to the laws under the Gambling Act 2005 and ensure safe and fair games at all times.
Impact of the Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Act 2014
The Gambling Act 2014 came into effect on 1 November 2014 to provide assistance in combating match-fixing in sports and assist in more effective policing of UK enterprises. The Act, which provides several provisions to the Gambling Act of 2005, requires that remote operators hold valid UK gambling licenses in order to provide their services to UK customers. At the same time, remote operators are required to hold a valid UK operating license in order to advertise their services to customers in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland. Previously, remote operators based in the European Economic Area and other whitelist jurisdictions did not have to obtain such licenses. The Act also introduced a requirement that remote operators pay duties of 15% on revenue generated in Great Britain.
Leading UK Gambling Site FAQs
UK online casinos are hugely exciting to play at. To help our players better understand how these online casinos operate, we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions. We'll continue to add more information to this section, thus ensuring that our British visitors have everything they need when it comes to choosing new UK online casinos.
How do you choose the best top 10 sites?
Our team of experts looks at all the UK sites and puts them through our rigorous testing. All the sites must pass our strict criteria which have been laid out on this page.
Can I safely download casino software? Do I have to download the software?
Top UK casino software is safe to download and all secure sites are protected by SSL encryption to ensure that you are always safe. You don't have to download the software though and most UK online casinos offer no download instant play options where the games will play in your browser. If you prefer to play in your browser or on your mobile device then instant play sites are the better option.
What types of games are available to play?
UK casino sites offer the most online casino games including video slots, pub fruities, baccarat, blackjack, roulette, video poker, and many more. Some sites include live dealer games and rare titles such as virtual horse racing, golf & footie arade betting games and more.
Can I play at top UK casino sites just for fun?
Yes. A lot of the best UK casinos allow you to play for free or play in practice mode. This means you can test out the games and software before playing for real money. Just remember that if you do hit the jackpot when playing in fun mode, you don't win anything.
Is it legal to gamble online in the United Kingdom?
Yes you can gamble online legally. The 2005 Gambling Act made it legal online and it also ensures safe gaming as all casinos have to pass the strict UK Gambling Commission regulations as well before they are granted a license to operate.
Is it legal to advertise free bets vouchers on the Tele?
Yes free bets vouchers can be advertised on the television but only after the 9 pm watershed.
Can I withdrawal money to my VISA or MasterCard?
Top UK online casinos will allow you to withdraw money via the method you used to make your deposit. This includes PayPal, Neteller, Skrill as well as most credit cards. If you use a third party e-wallet you can then transfer the month to your bank. E-wallets usually have a faster withdrawal time. Not all casinos allow you to withdraw money to your credit card, but some allow withdrawals to debit cards.
Does every site offer Paypal deposits and withdrawals
No. Not all sites offer PayPal as a banking option. You can check our list of PayPal casinos to find the one that is right for you.
There are a lot of choices when it comes to UK casinos and our top 10 list of gambling sites will help you to find the one that is right for you. Be sure to follow our expert tips and advice and check out our great casino bonus deals before you start playing.