How We Find the Best Legal Bosnia and Herzegovina Online Casinos
The number of online casinos in Bosnia-Herzegovina is bulging by the day, making it hard to pinpoint the best sites nationwide, especially for first-timers. But worry not! Top 10 Casinos is on the task, applying our tried-and-true criterion for getting first-rate casinos out of the bunch. This involves a thorough analysis of the following components to identify the ideal sites:
- Variety of Games - All the sites on our list of top Bosnia-Herzegovina casinos offer a large variety of games. Here you'll find an endless choice of best online slots and jackpot titles. Not forgetting card and board games like baccarat, blackjack, roulette, and poker, all of which you can play for free or with real money.
- Licensing & Regulation - Our team of experts must review a casino's licensing before adding it to the list of top Bosnia-Herzegovina casino sites. Local brands must hold licenses issued by the Republic of Srpska, whereas international platforms must have permits from reputable regulatory bodies like Malta Gambling Authority (MGA) and the UK Gambling Commission, among others.
- Safety and Security - Checking the safety and security of a site is mandatory when listing casinos online best Bosnia and Herzegovina. The platform must be SSL-secure with HTTPS protocols, a firewall system, and a 2-factor authentication option where possible. After all, we want our clients to end up at gaming sites that guarantee absolute protection of their money and information.
- Customer Support - The only way operators can ensure zero to no downtime is by having fully operational contact options. Our checks must confirm the support channel available, for instance, email, 24/7 live chat, and telephone. Our team of reviewers also tests the response rate of the customer support team and the accuracy of their feedback.
- Large Jackpots - We only grant favorable rankings to online gaming sites that offer players amazing jackpots, whether standard or progressive. After all, jackpots allow players to play for significant cash while spending less. Besides, jackpot games should be entertaining with impressive features for the site to be considered suitable.
- Fair Gaming - Our list of top 10 real money casinos only contains brands that offer fair gaming services. We always make sure that the gaming products are RNG-certified. On the other hand, cryptocurrency casinos must have provably fair games. To ascertain the fairness of the titles, we expect games to be certified by reputable companies such as iTechlabs, eCOGRA, Gaming Labs International (GLI), and more.
- Mobile Optimization - Mobile coverage is crucial for a site to appear on our catalog of highly recommended casinos Bosnia and Herzegovina. The brands should have iOS and Android apps to rank favorably. Alternatively, a mobile website (in-browser) should also be available as the least qualification for mobile optimization.
- Positive Player Feedback - Our review team doesn't just rely on the information we gather after analyzing the sites. We must go through comments made by players to identify any complaints/drawbacks encountered while gaming at the casino. Only sites with positive player feedback feature on our top 10 list.
- Country Currency Bonuses - While reviewing the best casinos in Bosnia and Herzegovina, getting the best bonuses or exclusive rewards for our readership is part of our mandate! But it doesn't stop there! We seek to find/narrow down casino sites that offer these bonuses in the country currency, Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Marka (KM). Eliminating the extra steps in currency conversions.
- Loyalty and VIP Rewards - Speaking of bonuses/rewards, loyalty and VIP promos are ideal, especially in the long term. Our analysts always have an eye out for these to get players the best value for their money! Look forward to level-up promos, reload bonuses, cashback rewards, birthday bonuses, and more customized rewards.
Best Real Money Casino in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bitstarz Casino is one of the top real money casinos highly recommended for BiH players. Sign-up today and get a generous welcome bonus worth $300. Launched in 2014, Bitstarz Casino also extends its list of attractive bonuses to existing players with options for reload promos, free spins, cashback offers, and more. Licensing-wise, Bitstarz Casino holds a gambling permit from the Curacao and has a long list of virtual tables, progressive jackpots, and video slots powered by Microgaming and certified by GLI for fairness. Other noteworthy features include rapid withdrawal options, superb customer support, and a payout percentage of 95.47%, as discussed in our top 10 review.
Best Free Online Casino
Jackpot City Casino is the obvious choice for BiH players after the best free online casino. The site started operations in 1998 and has since been providing players with a long list of progressive jackpots, video slots, and quality table games powered by Microgaming. Jackpot City Casino holds a license by Malta and welcomes new players to the site with a hefty signup bonus worth $1600, whereas current/existing players get to enjoy reloads, cashback, and free spin bonuses, among other offers. Additionally, Jackpot City Casino observes fair gaming practices with certification from GLI and has a tremendous payout rate of 93.14%. Finally, users get to enjoy rapid payout options and responsive customer support, which are discussed in detail in our top 10 casino reviews.
Online Gambling Laws in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Gambling has been legal in BiH since 1992, with online gambling being legalized in 2011. However, it was not until March 2019 that the main piece of legislation under the 2019 Act on The Games of Chance officially opened the country to best online casinos in the world, among other games of chance. According to the law, all online gaming sites must have a license from the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska to operate locally. To be specific, gambling permits are issued by The Republican Gambling Authority (Republicka Uprava Za Igre Na Srecu), a department or subdivision in the above-mentioned ministry.
Are Bosnia and Herzegovina Online Casinos Legal ?
As established above, online casinos are legal in BosniaHerzegovina according to the 2019 Act on The Games of Chance. Through the act, companies can seek licensing via the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska to provide citizens with games like slots, virtual tables, live dealers, lotteries, bingo, and keno, among other games of chance. Players can also access offshore/foreign casinos licensed by reputable bodies like the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gambling Authority, as no legislation is blocking/banning their access. Locally, however, it's worth noting that the government of BosniaHerzegovina, under the Ministry of Finance, also imposes taxes on winnings received by both residents and non-residents based on the amount won.
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Sports betting is legal in Bosnia and Herzegovina! Citizens can wager on various football, basketball, golf, and tennis events. Companies that offer sports betting services locally must hold a license from the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska and pay the necessary fees. Like online casinos, bettors are taxed on winnings earned through sports bets. The amount of tax is directly proportional to the earnings. The country also has multiple sports betting terminals offering offline betting services. Besides local companies, BiH welcomes any foreign company interested in providing its citizens with sports betting services on the condition that they hold valid licenses.
What is The Future of Online Gambling in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
The future of online gambling in BiH is bright, considering the obstacle the industry overcame in 2013. That year, a couple of political parties joined forces and started a campaign to ban online wagering, citing the rapid rise in the number of bets staked over the internet. This saw the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska place an order to block credit card transactions to gaming/betting sites, a step that led to an uproar from the public. This forced the Ministry of finance to allow the use of credit cards on wagering sites, and in 2019, the Act on The Games of Chance came to be. Since then, the online gaming industry has continued to thrive and this is expected to reach higher heights. The suitable environment will also see more local and offshore companies open shop in the nation.
Local Casinos in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The brick-and-mortar landscape in Bosnia and Herzegovina has been active for a long time. One of the reasons why the 2013 campaign to ban online casinos started was to protect land-based establishments from stiff competition by online gaming sites. That said, expect multiple casinos and resorts in BiH. These establishments accept both locals and foreigners 18 years and beyond. However, like their online counterparts, brick-and-mortar establishments must obtain a license from the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska to operate. Here are some of the legal casino establishments operating in Bosnia-Herzegovina:
- Admiral Club Sarajevo: Admiral Club Sarajevo is a thriving casino in the city of Sarajevo. The establishment houses over 54 Novomatic slots and 6+ state-of-the-art electronic roulette terminals. You should also expect jackpot slots and a full-service admiral bar where you can enjoy refreshing drinks as you wait for another gaming round.
- Colosseum Club: The Colosseum Club is a brick-and-mortar casino located in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina. It is one of the most entertaining establishments in the country, with over 100 slot machines, more than 12 gaming tables, and a poker room. The Colosseum is considered the best place to play American Roulette and multiple blackjack games.
Best Bosnia and Herzegovina Online Casino Games
Online players in BiH are spoilt for choice on casino games to play! Gaming solutions range from slots to virtual tables and live dealers manned by actual croupiers. We did our due diligence, and here are the best online casino games you can try today:
Video slots are prevalent in BiH online gaming sites. Slots are particularly loved for their easy-to-play nature, exciting themes, thrilling storylines, and huge potential for great wins. Some of the most popular best online slots you should try out today include Family Guy, Mystical Mermaid, Stinkin Rich, and Triple Diamond.
Get the closest hand to 21 and beat the dealer to great wins! Online blackjack has a similarly huge following in the country, especially in the games of skills and strategies. While it might take a minute to wrap your head around the gameplay and sharpen your skills, the effort will be worthwhile in the long run (use demo versions). So far, some of the best blackjack games among players in the country include Multihand Blackjack Pro, American Blackjack, and Blackjack 23+1.
A player favorite, right up there with blackjack, roulette fans have an endless variety to choose from, including American Roulette which has 38 slots comprising two zeros, and French Roulette, which contains a single zero slot and a low house edge. Other variants include American Roulette 3D, European Roulette, and Poker Roulette. Playing roulette games is just as easy. All you need to do is predict the pocket or number where the ball will rest after the roulette wheel stops.
Baccarat lovers are also in for a treat at BiH online gaming sites! Like the other card games discussed, Baccarat comes with easy-to-play rules, captivating graphics, and intriguing background instrumentals. Highly recommended varieties include No Commission Baccarat Supreme, Baccarat Pro, Big Win Baccarat, and Baccarat Supreme.
Most Popular Casino Games in Bosnia and Herzegovina
While there is an endless variety of games to choose from online (in the thousands), a few stand out from the pack for their top-of-the-range design, bonus features, multipliers, and huge return-to-player rates (RTPs). We narrowed down the list, and here are the most popular games to play in BiH:
- First Down Slot - 96.5%
- Spicy Meatballs - 96.6%
- Jack Hammer - 97.00%
- Secrets of Atlantis - 97.1%
- Great Rhino Megaways - 96.6%
- Jungle Gorilla - 96.6%
- Misery Mining - 96.9%
- Ambassador Slot - 97.00%
- The Catfather - 98.1%
- Eastern Emerald - 96.6%
Best Bosnia and Herzegovina Mobile Online Casinos in 2024
With the rise/penetration of smartphones in the markets, the demand for mobile casinos has been at an all-time high. These enable players to play on the move unrestricted, and all you need is a compatible mobile device with your browser of choice, like Mozilla, Safari, or Chrome. Alternatively, you can download the respective mobile casino app if available. After that, all you need to have is a stable internet connection. You can use mobile data from local networks like BH Telecom, M:Tell, or HT Eronet. Keep reading to find out more about mobile gaming in BiH.
Casino Apps for iOS - iPhone & iPad
Online casino sites in the country don't just have in-browser (mobile website) platforms. The operators also have working iOS apps that you can download on your iPad or iPhone. These grant instant access to your account, making them attractive for dedicated gaming whenever/wherever you wish.
Casino Apps for Android - Samsung, Huawei & More
Android users are also in for a treat, as mobile app support also extends to this cadre of players. Download the mobile casino app from the official website and use this for your on-the-go gaming sessions. The Android apps are compatible with Huawei, Samsung, Oppo, Xiaomi, and VIVO smartphones, among other popular brands.
Other Mobile Apps
Blackberry, Windows, and Nokia players are not left out either! While the operating system for these devices might be slightly dated, some casinos extend their support to include these on their roster with apps ready for download. Like the Android and iOS apps, the interfaces spot a similar outlook and are simple/easy to operate.
Discover Top 10 Online Casinos Around the Globe
No Deposit Bonuses & Minimum Deposit Online Casinos for Bosnia and Herzegovina
Online casinos come in all types and flavors, and the casinos online Bosnia and Herzegovina scene is no different! Players get different types of brands to choose from for their gaming needs. For instance, players can opt for no deposit and minimum deposit online casinos. These are ideal, especially if on a low bankroll. With these, you can enjoy extended gaming sessions with the least deposit possible or no deposit at all, as you can see below:
No Deposit Bonus Codes in Bosnia and Herzegovina
No deposit bonus sites are a player favorite as these come with best no deposit casinos requirement and only require players to sign up to qualify for bonus rewards and play for real money! We have plenty of these no deposit bonus codes to claim line-up for you in our reviews; all you have to do is meet the minimum requirements stipulated by the operator.
No Deposit Free Spins for Online Slots
An iteration of no deposit bonuses, no deposit free spins for online slots, as the name suggests, grant players deposit-free bonus spins that can only be utilized on slots. The number of free spins you get is contingent on the Bosnia-Herzegovina gaming site you are using. For example, you can receive over 50 free spins or less, with each spin bearing a different value.
Welcome Bonus for New Casino Sign-Ups
With the number of Bosnia-Herzegovina online casino sites rising by the day, welcome bonuses for new sign-ups have been the go-to strategy for casinos to stand out from the bunch! These can come in different formats, including free spins or match deposits. Additionally, the promotion can be spread across your first two, three, or four deposits or disbursed in whole to your account upon making the initial deposit.
Low Minimum Deposit Casinos
Apart from no deposit bonuses, players in BiH can turn to low minimum deposit casinos to play with the least deposit possible and still have the best moments playing their favorite games. You get similar functionality, like any other online gaming site, and a vast library of games to choose from. Intriguingly, these are divided into $1, $5, and $10 minimum deposit casinos, as discussed below:
$1 Deposit Online Casinos in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Players after the least deposit possible, can opt for $1 minimum deposit casinos in Bosnia-Herzegovina. As the name suggests, these accept deposits of at least $1 and are suitable for standard players who wish to try their luck but cannot afford to raise a significant amount of cash for their bankroll. Check our reviews for highly recommended $1 minimum deposit casinos that you can try out today!
$5 Min Deposit Online Casinos
Going a step higher are $5 minimum deposit casinos. As the name stipulates, these allow players to fund their accounts with $5.00 or more to play their favorite games. We have plenty of $5 minimum deposit casinos line-up in our reviews for you to choose from.
$10 Minimum Deposit Casinos
Considered the ideal/most common casino sites in Bosnia-Herzegovina, these allow players to deposit at least $10 into their accounts and grant full access to the gaming library and bonus offers, as the amount makes the minimum cut for most promos out there! Players also get to qualify for a seat at some live tables. Check our reviews for the top-rated $10 minimum deposit casinos that you can have a go at today!
Online Casino Bonus Terms for Bosnia and Herzegovina Players
While online casino bonuses are great to have, it is imperative to know that these come with terms and conditions (T&Cs) that you must observe to avoid being disqualified from the bonus or losing your earnings/winnings from the offers. These dictate the qualification and playthrough requirements you need to keep in mind, among other terms, as highlighted below:
- Wagering Requirements: All offers provided at casinos in Bosnia-Herzegovina come with wagering requirements that dictate how many times you should play the deposit or bonus or the sum of both before you can withdraw your earnings. The wagering requirements are usually denoted as x35, x40, or x50 and can vary from one promotion to another.
- Game Contribution Percentage: This indicates the fraction a particular slot, table game, or live dealer game will contribute towards the wager when played. This is important to note because not all games contribute 100%. Some only manage 25% while others contribute 0%.
- Validity/Expiry Period: Bonus validity or expiry period dictates the time you have to play the offer before it is considered null and void. Depending on the casino, the validity period may range from 24 hours to 30 days. Note that the countdown usually begins immediately after the offer lands in your bonus account, not once you start using it.
- Max Bet: The bonus maximum bet is a straightforward term and condition that outlines the maximum bet you can place while the offer is still active. Depending on the operator, this can be $5, $10, or more. Remember that failure to observe the maximum bet rule may lead to a penalty.
- Max Cashout: Most operators in Bosnia and Herzegovina do not allow players to keep every amount they earn playing a bonus. Casinos use the maximum cashout term to outline the highest amount you can withdraw from the bonus winnings. The total may vary depending on the bonus and the site you are playing at.
- Allowed Games: Not all games are applicable when playing bonuses at online casinos in the country. You need to confirm the "allowed games" terms and conditions to determine whether you can play the online slot, virtual table, or live dealer with the bonus.
How to Deposit at Bosnia and Herzegovina Online Casinos
Funding your BiH online casino account is simple. All you need to do is load the site on your computer or smartphone, log in to your account, and apply the following steps:
- Navigate to your cashier page
- Click the deposit button
- Choose your preferred payment method, whether eWallet or card payment option
- Enter how much you wish to deposit into your account
- Click the submit or deposit button and complete the process
How to Withdraw & Keep Casino Winnings
After playing games and making money, you can quickly withdraw your winnings using these simple/easy-to-follow steps:
- Open the payment section
- Click the "Withdraw" button
- Choose the banking solution you wish to use
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw
- Follow the onscreen instructions if available
- Complete the process by clicking the withdraw button
Best Bosnia and Herzegovina Online Casino Payment Methods
There are plenty of payment methods to choose from when transferring funds to and from online casinos in BiH. These include e-Wallets, Card Payment options like MasterCard, or Cryptocurrency solutions like Bitcoin. While the deposit limits and processing times vary depending on the site and payment method, players will be glad to know that these accept different currencies, including the Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Marka. Read on to learn more about the player-favorite/highly recommended online casino payment methods in Bosnia-Herzegovina:
UniCredit Bank Transfer
One of the most popular payment methods offered by Bosnia-Herzegovina casino sites is Bank Transfer, specifically using UniCredit. This payment solution requires you to have an account with the banking institution before you can fund or withdraw your winnings from a casino site. UniCredit Bank is the biggest bank in Bosnia, with many customers, especially if compared to other institutions. The payment option is fast and has large transaction limits, but this varies depending on the gaming site you are using. The same applies to the transaction fees. However, what is certain is that UniCredit Bank Transfer is available 24/7 and thus suitable for anyone who wishes to transact online.
One of the most widely used payment methods, fully operational since 2001! Skrill is a go-to payment option for many players in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The banking solution comes with PCI-DSS level 1 security and supports fast deposits and withdrawals regardless of the casino you are using. However, to use the option, you must first link your Skrill account with your Bosnia-Herzegovina casino account.
Bitcoin is one of the safest payment methods in Bosnia-Herzegovina casino sites, especially for players who prefer decentralized payment systems. The cryptocurrency solution, which has been around since 2009, is fast, with minimum to zero transaction fees, and thus inexpensive to standard players. Using the payment method, you don't need to share your bank details to carry out transactions. Instead, you just need your digital address. Furthermore, the crypto option is available round the clock, which means players from Bosnia and Herzegovina can use it to initiate deposits or trigger withdrawals whenever they wish.
Other Payment Alternatives
- PayPal: Players can use PayPal, a trustworthy Bosnia-Herzegovina online casino payment method that has been available since 1998. The banking solution is secure, with withdrawal speeds of up to 5 days. The payment option also accepts different currencies and charges minimum to zero transaction fees.
- X-Bon: X-Bon is a popular voucher accepted by a wide range of online casino sites in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Using the voucher, you can easily fund your gaming account online. Note that you can purchase the X-Bon voucher at different stores in the country.
Why Trust Our Online Casino Reviews for Bosnia and Herzegovina
Top10casinos has been providing quality reviews to clients for years! Our review team understands how to identify the best sites and the research to end up with an unbiased list of gaming sites. Here are the other reasons why you should trust our online casino reviews:
- We Test the Games and The Sites: Our team always tests the games at Bosnia-Herzegovina casino sites when developing the reviews. As a result, we always have firsthand experience that allows us to come up with correct information regarding the experience at the casino and the quality of the games.
- We Look at The Reputation of The Operator: We don't just dwell on the information we get at the site when writing reviews for online casino sites in Bosnia-Herzegovina. We also confirm the reputation of the brand by going through the feedback of current and previous customers.
- Our Review Team Are Experts in The Gambling Industry: Our team of casino analysts are experts in the online gaming industry. We know the pain points; what players want or look for, being players ourselves! As such, trust that we'll leave no stone unturned in finding the best gaming site that suits your needs.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Online Casino FAQs
Here is a list of frequently asked questions regarding Bosnia-Herzegovina online casinos. Go through the answers provided to gather more details about the region's casino sites and better understand the BiH online gambling landscape:
- How do online casinos in Bosnia and Herzegovina work? Online casinos in Bosnia-Herzegovina apply for licenses from the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska before they start offering services locally. They must also pay a fee to acquire the license. Once verified, they're free to provide players with online gaming services.
- What is the legal gambling age in Bosnia and Herzegovina? The legal gambling age in Bosnia and Herzegovina is 18 years. Players with less than 18 years are prohibited from operating local and offshore casino accounts. To verify clients' age, operators ask for copies of government-issued ID or passport.
- Are the best online casinos in Bosnia and Herzegovina safe? Yes, online gaming sites in Bosnia and Herzegovina are completely safe. The platforms use SSL data encryption technology to protect clients and their information. Also, online casinos Bosnia-Herzegovina use HTTPS protocols to ensure players wager privately.
- How do you start playing at an online casino? To start playing online in Bosnia and Herzegovina you must first register for an account. After that, fund your account with some cash, choose your preferred game, wager cash, and start playing.
- Do you have to pay taxes on the money you win on the internet? Yes, Bosnia and Herzegovina charges taxes on the money you win on the internet. How much you pay is dependent on how much you win. Therefore, confirm the tax percentages every time you win playing games at Bosnia-Herzegovina online casino sites.
- Can I play the games for free without using money? Yes, you can play games for free without using money in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The online casino sites offer players demo versions that don't require account funding to play their favorite games. You can also consider no deposit bonuses if you want to play without money.
- Can I keep my winnings with a no deposit bonus? Yes, you can keep your winnings with a no deposit bonus. However, most Bosnia and Herzegovina sites will require you to meet specific wagering requirements within a certain period of time for you to be able to pocket the earnings.
- Is it legal to bet on sports on the internet? Yes, it is legal to bet on sports both on the internet and at select betting shops. The country has sports betting sites with licenses from the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Srpska, making them eligible to offer sports betting services to clients. You can also bet on your favorite match at offshore bookmakers.
- What is the best casino game to play for real money in Bosnia and Herzegovina? The best casino game to play with real money in Bosnia and Herzegovina is Mega Moolah by Microgaming. This is a low-volatility progressive slot machine with an animal theme and a 5x3 layout. The game is exciting to play with the best plot that will keep you hooked all through.
- What is the best payment methods for the fastest withdrawals? Bitcoin is the best payment method for the fastest withdrawals at Bosnia-Herzegovina online casino sites. The online banking system processes deposits within the shortest time. All you need to do is meet the minimum wagering requirements.