Stay ahead of the game! Sign up now get inside scoop on the latest bonus offers.
How We Evaluate
To ensure we only feature and recommend the best Canada friendly real money online casinos, our experts put every site through rigorous testing. You'll find exclusive bonus codes, popular tournaments, competitions, and so much more. If you are a Canadian resident looking to explore real money gambling and play the best casino titles, you'll find our rated reviews and expert tips and tricks right here on this page. All gambling sites must pass these in order to be placed on one of our Top 10 lists. Everything is compared against strict rating criteria for Canadian users. Any site listed will have a detailed review, and our experts carry out regular checks to ensure that they continue to meet our approval ratings. Our Top 10 real money sites for Canada players are updated regularly too, so you always know you're getting the best of the best for your gambling play.
- Bonuses and Promotions
Our experts check to ensure the best bonus and promotional offers are attractive and that there's a generous $C signup bonus. This includes no deposit codes and free spin plays that let you keep what you win, and generous welcome packages. We make sure you Canadians can enjoy real money gambling in CAD and that there are daily promotions and rewards for existing players too.
- Safety & Fair Gaming
Player safety is important, and our gambling experts ensure all the Canadian gambling establishments featured are trustworthy and legit. We check on the operators' reputation, and the use of SSL encryption technology to ensure player data is kept safe from hackers is important too. Third-party accreditation from eCOGRA, TST, and iTech Labs ensures fair best gaming and a number of our Top 10 sites are regulated by provincial agencies such as the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Association, OLG.
- Payment Methods for Canada
All our real money online casinos for Canada offers a number of the best popular deposit and withdrawal options including Interac, Instadebit, and eCheck so Canucks can use their preferred options when gambling online. Credit and debit cards and bank transfers are available too. We also check to make sure withdrawal times are fast and look for any hidden fees before adding a site to our Top 10.
- Licensing and Regulation
The featured online casinos accepting Canadian players that we review are checked for licensing. We will never add a gambling site that doesn't carry a legitimate license to our Top 10. Our review team checks the best casinos licensed and regulated by the Kahnawake Gambling Commission, for example, ensure player protection as well as fair gaming. Other top licensing authorities include UK Gambling Commission and the Curacao Gaming Authority.
- Real Money Game Selection
To get the most out of your real money gambling at Canada online casinos you need to have a good selection of games. This includes the best slots and table games like roulette and blackjack. You'll also find lottery, scratch tickets, and bingo with betting limits and jackpots to suit everyone. Our Top 10 for Canada have the best games and release new titles regularly, so you get the play the best games.
- Mobile Optimization
Gambling on the go is a popular choice for many Canadian online casino fans, so we play and check that all sites are fully optimized for mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets. We check for the best-dedicated apps and whether a no download browser option is available using HTML5 technology instead of outdated flash models. We look at the number of games, bonuses like no deposit or free spins, and mobile billing options like Payforit.
Legal Real Money Gambling in Canada
The legalities surrounding real money gambling online in Canada is a bit of a grey area. It should be stated, however, that betting is legal. There are provincially run sites such as PlayNow and PlayOLG, and you can play at offshore sites around the world like Jackpot City or Zodiac, as they accept Canadian players. The Kahnawake Gambling Commission is based in Canada and provides interactive gaming regulation from within the Mohawk Territory of Kahnawake which is located near Montreal, Quebec. It is responsible for licensing and regulating online gambling operations, including online sportsbooks, poker rooms, and casinos. It is also responsible for regulating Canadian online casino operators and making sure they offer fair games and payout information. Canadian's gambling at offshore establishments like Spin Palace or Jackpot City can do so legally, and there are no laws that prohibit this.
There is a long history of gambling in Canada, but the Canadian Criminal Code of 1892 banned everything until 1900 when bingo and raffles were allowed. Horse racing betting followed in 1910. Gambling events were permitted from 1925 at fairs and exhibitions. In 1969 the Criminal Code was amended, and federal and provincial governments were allowed to hold lotteries. In 1985 control of gambling was handed over to individual provinces and provinces now have the power to implement their own gambling laws. Not all provinces allow online gambling, so if you live in Alberta, Yukon, or Saskatchewan, you will need to check your local gambling laws. Real money online casino gambling in Canada became popular in the early 2000s, and today there are plenty of choices as you will see in our Top 10 Canada lists. The options available to players in Canada may continue to grow, as it's entirely possible in the near future, that provincial governments will offer private licenses for new online casinos to be opened.
Did you Know?
Provincially run real money online casinos in Canada are available. If you live in British Columbia, Quebec, Manitoba, or Ontario, you'll find a dedicated gambling site just for you - including those that offer sports betting. British Columbia has been offering scratch tickets, lottery and sports betting since 2004, and in 2005 PlayNow the provincially run online casino for residents of BC launched. It is regulated by the BCLC (British Columbia Lottery Corporation) where players can purchase tickets for BC lotteries including BC49, Lotto 649, Lotto Max, and more. PlayNow is also available to residents of Manitoba. The OLG (Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation) is responsible for gambling in Ontario, and the OLG invests a portion of the gambling revenues back into the community. OLG also operates one of the largest lottery networks in North America as well as managing several online bingo sites. Canadian real money online casino fans from Ontario can play at Play OLG and do their lotto quick picks here too. Those residing in Quebec, looking for a bonus avec sans depot, can play games and enjoy online gambling at Espace Jeux.
Payout Percentages at Online Casinos
When you play at any Canadian real money online casino you want to win the best real cash prizes. To increase your chances, it is important to look at the payout percentages for the games you intend to play. The payout percentage or RTP (return to player) tells you the percentage rate at which you can expect a game to payout over the long term. Different games will have different payout percentages, and below you will find our Top 10 casinos with the highest payout percentages. Keno is a fun game to play, but it has the lowest RTP percentage of 73%. If you are looking to win big, this is one of the worst games to play. Blackjack is a popular table game, and the RTP can be as high as 99.50%. You can also play with a live dealer and enjoy double down bets. Craps has an RTP percentage of 100% and baccarat can be as high as 98.94% when you bet on the banker. Pai Gow Poker is often as high as 98.7% and European and French roulette 97.3%. If you plan to gamble and play for real money, it is advised that you search for games that offer the best chance of winning and have the highest payout percentages.
Top10 Casino Payout Percentage Rates
Top 10 RTP Percentage Rates 2023
RTP (Return to Player) percentages for Canadian real money online casino slots can vary from 93% up to 99%. Choosing to play slots with a higher RTP will increase your chances of winning. Our experts recommend playing slot machines with a 95% RTP or higher if you want to beat the odds. Not all software providers list their RTP percentages openly, but top software providers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Yggdrasil, Play'n Go, Playtech, and Pragmatic Play do. The exception to the rule of 95% and above, is progressive jackpots. These games tend to have much lower RTPs with some as little as 94%. However, because they offer players the chance to gamble for life-changing sums that often seed at $1 million, they remain a popular choice with those looking to beat the odds.
To better understand how this works, an example would be that if a top 10 best slot has an RTP of 95% and you gamble $100 - in theory you should get back $95 while the house keeps $5. However, if this happened all the time slots wouldn't be fun at all. The average is usually calculated using 10,000 - 100,000 spins, so it evens out over time. So, as we all know, during a session, you may have a bad day or a good day, but slots with a higher RTP will still be kinder to you. Something else to keep in mind is volatility. Some slots are high volatility which means you don't win very often, but when you do, the wins are more significant. On the other hand, low volatility slots pay out more frequently, but the wins are generally less impressive. The latter is a good option for those who like playing extended sessions on slots.
RTP% rates for the Top Slots in 2023
Progressive jackpots are a popular choice for many Canadians at real money online casinos. They feature a linked jackpot that continues to grow as the game is played until someone wins it. A small portion of every bet is added to the prize pool and many of the big brand titles like Microgaming's Mega Moolah seed at $1 million. The most popular progressive slot jackpots are linked across several online casinos powered by the software provider. There are several ways the jackpot can be won. RTG's progressive jackpot Aztec Millions is trigged at random. They can be won by hitting a specific payline on the reels or getting five wild symbols like on Microgaming's Major Millions. Mega Moolah has a random bonus wheel where players have the chance to spin it and win the legendary jackpot. Some games also have tiered jackpots. Mega Moolah has four jackpots, the Mini, Minor, Major, and Mega. Those who love table games aren't missing out either, as it's possible to also win substantial progressive jackpots on titles such as Roulette Royale and Triple Sevens Blackjack from Microgaming.
is one of the best real money online casinos for Canadians to play. It was established in and holds a license from . It is powered by leading software provider and offers a generous signup bonus of $ for all new Canadian real money players to play top slots and table games. Fair gaming is guaranteed, and the payout percentage for this real money Canadian online casino is %. Read our full review for more information and to claim this top gambling offer.
- Recommended Jackpot City Casino100% Match Bonus, Up to $1600
- Free Bonus Money:
- Total Play Money:
- Amount You Need to Bet:
- Amount You Need to Bet:
- Amount You Need to Bet:
- Amount You Need to Bet:
Bonus Play Information
To get the most out of your gambling play, all our top 10 best real money online casinos for Canadian players have generous bonuses. Welcome bonuses are reserved for new players and can be very generous and a great way to start. There are two different types of bonuses available. These are deposit and no deposit, and they can be for new and regular players.
- Deposit Bonus:
A deposit bonus requires you to fund your account after registration. As a new customer, this welcome bonus could be a 100% match up to $200 on your first deposit, greatly affecting your play. Many of the top 10 best real money online casinos in Canada offer welcome packages, and these offer larger bonuses over several deposits and free spins. For example $1,000 bonus + 200 free spins.
- No Deposit Bonus:
The no deposit bonus is a great way to start at any Canada friendly online casino. For new players, it can be in the form of free cash, free spins, or free play. It's a free bonus that lets you win real cash with no risk. You just register and login and the bonus is automatically added to your account. No deposit cash is usually between $5 and $25. Free spins have a set bet value and can be for a specific game. Free time is a large free chip balance and an hour to play all games.
All the Canadian real money online casino bonuses have terms and conditions. These include wagering requirements, validity periods, permitted games, and no deposit bonuses have maximum withdrawal amounts usually between $50 and $100. Wagering requirements must be met before you can withdraw your winnings. Deposit bonuses tend to be between 30x and 40x. No deposit bonuses can be much higher and up to 90x. This can often mean it is better to choose a deposit bonus as you will meet the playthrough quicker and have a better chance of cashing out your winnings. The bonus calculator on the right-hand side can help you calculate things, and we share our top 10 best Canadian casino bonus codes for 2023 that will help you find the best gambling offers so you can play right away.
Play the best games on the go with our top 10 Canadian mobile online casinos. These are perfect for gambling fans who want access to their favourite slots and table games when they are out and about. Mobile gambling is a popular choice, and our top 10 reviews can help you find the best sites and bonuses to get you started.
- Million CasinoPlatformsDevices
- Crazy CasinoPlatformsDevices
Network Coverage for Top 10 Players
You can enjoy your favourites on most networks, getting coverage such as 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi. You can use any of the best Canadian carriers too including Rogers, Bell, Telus, Virgin Mobile, Koodo, Solo, Chatr, Mobilicity, Fido, Public Mobile, and more. We do recommend connecting via Wi-Fi, where possible, to avoid using your data plan.
All the best gambling sites are fully optimized for mobile gamblers so you can play on iPhone, iPad, and Android smartphones and tablets like Samsung, Google, LG, Huawei, Motorola, and OnePlus. All you need is an internet connection to log in to your account. All the games run smoothly without a glitch and will adjust to suit the size of the screen you are playing on.
Blacklisted Gambling Sites
Canadian real money online casino are not all safe, reputable, secure, fair of legit. That is why we rate and check every before recommending. Our experts review and rank all gambling sites to ensure they meet our strict criteria. Only the best gambling establishments make it onto our Top 10 lists. We check everything from the bonuses offered to the licensing authorities. We check the games you can play and make sure they are not pirated. Below are the sites we don't recommend. These are the ones that have been placed in our blacklist because they have too many complaints, aren't licensed, have rigged or pirated titles, cheat players out of their winnings, and so forth. There are scams and fraudulent sites, and we want to help you avoid them. Our experts check forums, blogs, and customer complaints all the time. If you do play at any of these or are tempted to sign up because of a great no deposit bonus, we urge you to be cautious. What seems too good to be true often is.
The Best Payment Providers
The best Canadian real money online casinos will offer a range of payment methods that Canucks want to use for online play. Our top 10 best lists have all the popular Canada friendly banking methods so you can deposit and withdraw with ease. They also allow you to play in CAD. There is a range of payment methods available, including credit and debit cards, e-wallets like PayPal and Skrill, pre-paid cards, wire transfer, and direct banking. Deposits are instant and fast withdrawals are possible at many of the Top 10 best Canadian websites through the use of e-wallets. Below you will find information on the four most popular Canadian casino banking methods to make your gambling play easy.
Credit cards like Visa and MasterCard are often the most convenient and top choice with online gamblers for play. Deposits are instant and there are no fees. The majority of the best online casinos accept them and this makes it very easy for Canucks to fund their account and start playing right away. Credit cards can also be used for withdrawals, although they tend to take a number of working days. MasterCard cannot be used for withdrawals. Be sure to check out our Top 10 reviews of best Credit Cards Casinos Online for further information.
Interac was founded in 1984 and is a fast and convenient way to fund your online gambling play account. It can also be used on mobile devices. It is an e-wallet payment system with instant deposits. All the best Canadian online casinos for 2023 accept Interac. It can be used with your existing bank or credit union account, and offers an extra layer of security as players don't need to provide their bank account or card numbers to casinos. Withdrawals can be made too but there can be some fees charged. These are very low, usually between $0.50 and $1.50.
Instadebit is a fast and secure payment method favored by a lot of online gambling fans. It allows payments in CAD and USD meaning there are no exchange rate fees. It is a safe and secure e-wallet pay system, but you do need to have a bank account with RBC, TD, Scotiabank, BMO, or one of their credit union partners. It connects with your bank account and you select it from the payment options at the site you are playing at. Deposits are instant and it can be used for withdrawals. The only drawback is that there is a fee of CAD $1.95 for every transaction.
The eCheck is just like the old paper check, but digital. All you need to use this is a bank checking account. Deposits can take longer, and, in some cases, you may have to wait up to two business days for them to appear in your online casino account. Withdrawals by eCheck are available too but you may have some fees associated with these. Players who are concerned with security or over-spending can benefit from using eCheck to fund their play accounts. Like standard checks, cashouts can take up to 28 days.
Problem Gambling Resources
Playing at a Canadian real money online casino should first and foremost be about having fun. You should never treat online gambling as a way to get rich quickly. Responsible gambling is essential, and all our top 10 best sites for Canadian residents have responsible gambling resources available. If you suspect problem gambling, there are things you can do. All the best sites include features that players can implement including setting deposit limits, time limits on play sessions, the ability to self-exclude for certain periods of time, and more. In Canada, gamblers also have access to a smartphone app called Monitor Your Gambling & Urges. This app can be used to track gambling, including wins and losses. There are helpful organizations too including the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) and the Ontario Problem Gambling helpline site with lots of resources. The NCPG offers a list of helpful sites by province too so no matter where you reside, you'll find help for problem gambling.
Recent Winners from Canada
- Ahmad H. from Prince George British Columbia, won $16064 on Wed. Sept. 27, 2023 playing at Mr Play Casino
- Thomas O. from Charlottetown Prince Edward Island, won $6418 on Wed. Sept. 27, 2023 playing at Europa Casino
- Brycen S. from Kitchener Ontario, won $1055 on Wed. Sept. 27, 2023 playing at Mr Play Casino
- Hector T. from Prince George British Columbia, won $10121 on Tues. Sept. 26, 2023 playing at Spin Casino
- Yaretzi Y. from Quebec City Quebec, won $11351 on Tues. Sept. 26, 2023 playing at Jackpot City
- Ian G. from North Vancouver British Columbia, won $4960 on Tues. Sept. 26, 2023 playing at Lucky Nugget Casino
- Aidan V. from Oakville Ontario, won $15346 on Mon. Sept. 25, 2023 playing at Sports Interaction Casino
- Dixie H. from Dollard-des-Ormeaux Quebec, won $17023 on Mon. Sept. 25, 2023 playing at Golden Tiger Casino
- Landyn S. from Richmond Hill Ontario, won $6612 on Sat. Sept. 23, 2023 playing at Jackpot City
- Dennis Y. from Abbotsford British Columbia, won $17696 on Fri. Sept. 22, 2023 playing at Platinum Play Casino
- Deshawn M. from Courtenay British Columbia, won $13707 on Fri. Sept. 22, 2023 playing at Royal Panda
- Joselyn C. from Longueuil Quebec, won $8950 on Thurs. Sept. 21, 2023 playing at Golden Tiger Casino
- Johanna B. from Ottawa Ontario, won $8879 on Thurs. Sept. 21, 2023 playing at Quatro Casino
- Eduardo S. from Strathcona County Alberta, won $1935 on Wed. Sept. 20, 2023 playing at Quatro Casino
- Immanuel S. from Whitby Ontario, won $6060 on Wed. Sept. 20, 2023 playing at Ruby Fortune Casino
- Dayana B. from White Rock British Columbia, won $15250 on Tues. Sept. 19, 2023 playing at Sports Interaction Casino
- Jamarcus D. from St. John's Newfoundland, won $15547 on Tues. Sept. 19, 2023 playing at Lucky Nugget Casino
- Jacey S. from Saint-Georges Quebec, won $20171 on Tues. Sept. 19, 2023 playing at Gaming Club Casino
- Hailie F. from Brampton Ontario, won $1211 on Mon. Sept. 18, 2023 playing at Jackpot City
- Courtney G. from Surrey British Columbia, won $13246 on Mon. Sept. 18, 2023 playing at Platinum Play Casino
FAQs About Real Money Canadian Online Casinos
Gambling at the best Canada real money online casinos doesn't have to be complicated. All the information you need can be found in our Top 10 guides, and when you have the facts, you really can get the most out of gambling play. Below you will find our Top 10 most frequently asked questions about gambling online in Canada. If you have a question that isn't in our top 10 list, be sure to get in touch, and we will be happy to answer it for you.
- Is online gambling popular in Canada? Yes. More than 75% of Canadians like to play the best casino games and wager on sporting events for real money. There are plenty of quality real money online casinos for Canadians and each will have their own selection of games including slots, poker, blackjack, and roulette. There are also lots of bonuses to choose from, like no deposit or free spins! Canadians also love betting on sporting events like the Super Bowl, NHL, CFL, NBA, and more as well as playing the official state-run online lotteries. Our top 10 best Canada online casinos for 2023 has all the information you need.
- How do I make deposits and withdrawals at Canadian gambling sites to play? All the sites we feature and recommend to play at accept a large number of the best payment methods for both deposits and withdrawals including PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and more. The sites we recommend offer popular methods like Instadebit, Interac, eCheck, as well as credit and debit cards and bank transfers which are Canada friendly. Fast withdrawals are available too, but make sure you've met all the wagering requirements if you've used a bonus, especially a no deposit one. You can read our top 10 Canada payment methods reviews to find out more about the options that are available to you.
- Do I have to play for real money? Not at all. Most of the best real money Canada online casinos have a fun play mode. You can play demo versions of the best games with or without registration. This is a great way to practice strategies, figure out when to double down in blackjack, learn the rules, and get to grips with everything before gambling for real money. The fun play mode can be enjoyed on mobile and desktop and if you like what you find, you can play free games with no deposit bonuses and win real money too.
- Can I gamble legally at international real money casinos? Yes, you can. There are no laws in place the specifically prohibit Canadian players from using international sites. Many offshore casinos allow players from Canada to place real money wagers on the best games like classic 3 reel and 5 reel video slots, poker, blackjack, and more. Be sure to check our top 10 best Canada friendly international casinos including reviews for Jackpotcity, Spin Palace, and Zodiac to find the one that is right for you.
- Can I Play and Gamble in CAD? Yes, all our recommended online casinos for Canada allow you to deposit and withdraw in CAD as well as offering Euro, US dollars, and British pounds sterling. This means that you don't have to worry about exchange rates or conversion fees. In addition to this, some of the best sites allow you for game play in CA$ too. Be sure to read our reviews for more information on the best CA$ real money gambling sites for 2023.
- Can I use mobile apps to Win Real Money? Yes, many of our best top 10 real money online casinos for Canada have mobile sites where you can win real cash on the games you play. Mobile gambling play is easy and you can access the fully optimized websites with no download required on your mobile browser. You can enjoy all the latest titles, claim excellent no deposit bonuses, and make deposits and withdrawals on iOS and Android devices including iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc. Be sure to see Top 10 best mobile casinos for more information.
- Can I gamble for free and win real cash? Yes, you can with a free no deposit bonus. No deposit cash or free spins will let you play free and win real money once you meet the wagering requirements. You can cash out your winnings up to a fixed amount. The standard amount you can win with a no deposit bonus is usually around $100. These are usually reserved for new customers and our Top 10 best no deposit codes for 2023 will help start you off on your gambling fun.
- Are Gambling Sites Safe to Play? Yes, we only review, recommend, and feature safe online casinos to play at for Canada. The government run lottery and casino sites where you can buy tickets for Lottomax are safe are run by local gambling committees as well as the government. The best international Canada friendly casinos are safe as well and they all use the latest SSL encryption technology and cutting edge software to ensure all player information is encrypted and kept safe from hackers.
- What casino games and sports can I bet on in BC? In BC you can play real money games at PlayNow or one of our top 10 best offshore online casinos for Canada. Gamblers can play Vegas style video slots, table games like roulette, blackjack, and keno, live dealer, bingo, poker, and more. Sports betting is also popular and you can bet on hockey, football, soccer, basketball, and most other sports. Sports betting on NHL, NBA, and more can be enjoyed on the PlayNow, PlayOLG, and Espace Jeux which are all provincially run.
- Which Online Casino is the Best to Play at? There are so many Canadian real money online casino gambling sites out there that it's almost impossible to say which one is the best. It will boil down to a matter of personal choice and the games you want to play. Other things to look at are Canada friendly banking options, no deposit bonuses and promotions, and the features you want. If you're not sure, why not take a look at our best Canada online gambling reviews.